Fifty-Two

"I am here to register," Jin says, walking up to the counter to the lady who was scrolling through her phone at the registration window.

"Name?" the woman placed her phone down began typing on the computer before her.

"Kim Seokjin," Jin respond to her while looking impatient as he had waited for quite some time.

The woman continued typing away at her computer without saying a word to Jin, and when finished, she handed him a packet of papers to complete. "here you go, please complete all fields highlighted in yellow. You can take a seat over there and join back the line once you have completed everything." Jin looked at the woman and frowned, but took the package of papers from her hands along with the clipboard.

He should've listened to Taehyung and done the registration online, but after he dropped Minji to school, he thought it was a good idea to pass some time and finish his registration process for the school. He had gotten accepted into the local university to study psychology, and he was hesitant on starting, but Taehyung pushed him to go through with the process.

After what felt like forever, Jin had finished with the registration process and gotten his schedule for his classes. For his first semester, he would be doing his classes online, and he was only taking two classes. Both his therapist and Taehyung had advised him to start small that way, he wouldn't be overwhelmed and then want to give up.

Jin walked out of the school feeling excited; he didn't know he would feel like that, but registering for school made him feel something he had never felt before, it was almost as if he was starting a new beginning. He was making progress towards his future, and he was happy. His intentions were to major in psychology and then do the teacher's certification to become a teacher, and after he would go back to school while teaching and get his masters and proceed from there with the next steps.

Maybe one day, he would be known as doctor Seokjin; at least it was a temporary image Taehyung had painted in his mind; he, on the other hand, didn't know if that were something he would be able to achieve.

Looking at the time, he realizes he had a lot more time on his hand before Minji came out of school, so he decided to go and visit Taehyung at work. He never visited Taehyung at work, it was never needed, and he didn't want to be a bother, but today was special to him. Today marked a new beginning for him, and he wanted nothing more than to celebrate the moment with Taehyung. Plus, he didn't tell Taehyung that he was going to finalize his registration process today, so he could only hope Taehyung was going to be happy for him. After all, he was the one motivating him daily to progress forward with school.

******

Taehyung was sitting in his office after a long and tiring meeting. He had a terrible headache; he hated having meetings and not have everyone on point with how they needed to be. Picking up his phone, he checks to see if he had gotten any messages or missed calls, but nothing.

He let out a sigh and leaned back in his chair, dialing Seokjin number, and waited for him to answer, but Jin didn't pick up; the phone rang until it went to voicemail.

This was not surprising to Taehyung, although he and Jin had made tremendous progress in their relationship. He still felt as though Jin was always holding back, which he couldn't blame him for. They had a difficult start and not to mention; Jin had an even harder beginning, something he will never be able to relate to.

He had honestly fallen in love with Jin, and it wasn't something he planned, it just happened, and for him, it was scary too. How he felt about Jin, he had never felt that way with Minji's Appa, and he loved him, but something about Jin and getting to know the depths of his soul made him fall more and more for him. He wanted to let Jin know he loves him, but a part of him was fearing rejection and worried that Jin might run away if he pushes things way ahead of what he could handle.

Every time he heard Jin tell Minji he loved her, he would whisper to himself and ask, "can you love me too." he never said it aloud for Jin to hear, but it was something he was professing in his heart and hoping for. Jungkook told him to give it time and not force anything, with meaningful care, and patients Jin would come around. That's what he told him, and that's what he was patiently waiting for.

Taehyung jumped from his chair when there came a loud knock at his door. He looked the door confuse and told the person to come in; he knew his assistant knew better than to pound at his door like that unless it was an emergency.

"Well, gosh, I thought you were deaf," Jin said, walking into Tae's office while struggle with some bags in his hand.

Taehyung looked at Jin in surprise, frozen in place, not knowing what to respond as he didn't expect Jin to show up at his workplace.

"I brought you lunch. I was calling to see what kind of drink you wanted, but you didn't pick up, so I settled on the water." Jin placed the bags with lunch and drinks on Tae's desk.

"You are here," Tae said, still in shock as he walks around to Jin, pulling him into a hug.

"Obviously. I have good news too-"

"I didn't mean it in a bad way." Taehyung tried clarifying.

"I know that silly. Anyway, listen, guess what? Wait, no, don't guess, look at this." Jin pulled out his class schedule from his back pocket and handed it to Tae.

Tae looks at the paper, and then a big smile spread onto his face, "you did it?"

"I did it!" Jin smiled wide as he looked at how happy Taehyung eyes were looking back at it.

"This is an amazing baby. I am so proud of you." Tae pulls Jin into a hug, hugging his waist tightly and pressing his body to his.

"Thank you! I wouldn't have done it without you. I love you so much." Jin proclaimed while resting his head on Tae's shoulder.

Taehyung pulled away from Jin and looked at him, "do you mean that?"

"mean what?

"That you love me?"

Jin bites his lips and looks down at the floor then back and at Taehyung, "maybe."

"Don't play with me, Seokjin, do you?"

"I love you Taehyung, there I said it!" Jin covers his face with his hands to hide the giddy feeling on the inside. He felt like a kid, and his heart was beating fast.

Taehyung grabbed him and lifted him, placing him on his desk to sit, making Jin yelp in surprise, "I love you too." he says before attacking Jin's lips with his.