T W E N T Y - T W O- "Brave New World"

"I mean, Katherine looked just like you" Bonnie unnecessarily told Elena as Eudora looked over a clipboard of notes given to them by Caroline

"I mean, Katherine looked just like you" Bonnie unnecessarily told Elena as Eudora looked over a clipboard of notes given to them by Caroline. It was mystic falls high carnival. She hated this season, it was so full of events that she couldn't care to be a part of but for now, she would endure... For the sake of Caroline who was there in spirit despite still being in the hospital. The power had been delegated to Elena, her being the runner up mystic falls. "It was freakish"

"She is my ancestor" Elena informed with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah but come on now, she even pulls that weird expression that you do when you're unamused... Oh yeah, there it is" Eudora smirked pointing at her friend who proceeded to roll her big brown doe eyes.

"I moved the student booth into the cafeteria"

"Your vampire ancestor" Bonnie got back on track. "She didn't just resemble you Elena, like a family member would. She was you." The Bennett witch described in a much better way than her cousin previously had as Elena manhandled a bag of stuffed toys.

"I don't-- I don't know" Elena sighed, finally giving in to her own frustration about the situation. "I can't explain it." she huffed, forcing the bag into one of the striped stalls with perhaps too much power. "It's creepy. It's all I've got." she was upset about this.

"I have a little bit more information. You're doppelgangers" Eudora informed, as though it was obvious. "Carbon copies of one another. Just like identical twins, you can be determined partly by your environment... Hence, why you two are so incredibly different. As far as I can gather in witch terms... It's a curse of some kind, you wouldn't be able to remove the curse because it would kill you... It is you, if you understand me. I don't see why someone would make such a curse, unless it was natures way of compensating for something? But I doubt you and Katherine are the only ones. There would be no reason for it, someone wouldn't curse Katherine in that way, she didn't do anything deserving of it... That I know of. And it is an ancient and very powerful curse" Eudora shrugged. "You probably wont ever meet anymore" she laughed "Nature isn't insane, I think doppelgangers are born a certain amount of time apart so they don't ever meet but Katherine being a vampire..." she trailed off with a smile. "Coincidence that you both met the Salvatore's, your ancestors just must have been living here for a long time."

"You've put a lot of thought into this." Bonnie commented.

"Yeah well I have a lot of free time recently. And it intrigues me." she smiled.

"How do you know that she's not still out there pretending to be you?" the Bennett witch brought the conversation back to its negative tone which irritated the other magical girl.

"I don't" Elena shrugged, being proactive. "But, I could sit here and be tortured by the not knowing or I could get these prizes to the ringtoss."

"Well, have you talked to Damon since he killed Jeremy? Or--or tried to kill Jeremy?"