T H I R T Y - F O U R - "The Hybrid"

"What is this Stefan? All summer, what has this been? Some kind of act for you?" Eudora questioned finally, the both of them now standing in yet another hotel room, she faced away from him because she was scared what he might do if he saw her tears

"No, Eudora- what?"

"Is this some kind of game for you Stefan? Because it isn't for me, okay?" She finally turned to face him, her heart hammering because she was terrified of what response he might have. Her eyes stung with the desire to cry and his face dropped at the sadness swirling in the sweet metallic blue of them. She asked the questions he didn't want to answer because he didn't know what to say, his heart was conflicted and for the first time, he loved them both equally. He didn't want to betray Elena but he loved Eudora too, and he had agreed to a decade long bender with Klaus. Inevitably, when Stefan returned home, Elena wouldn't be waiting for him any longer.

"You aren't a game Eudora" he said it with such certainty that she had no choice but to believe it to be true. In the next moment, he was standing directly in front of her. Their eyes clashed in an exchange which showed how conflicted they both were but Stefan gave in.

Stefan crashed his lips against Eudora's, grabbing her chin in his right hand, his left arm trailing around her body to pull her close to him. Their lips moved in perfect coordination, an explosion of passion that had Eudora flushing, her warmth radiating through the vampire as the steady beat of her heart played as music to his ears. With their lips together in this furious tango, there was no question that this was right.

Eudora tangled her arms around his neck, he pulling away for just a second to scan her face and allow her to breath as he hoisted her up into his arms, her legs settling perfectly around him as their lips met again and they crashed onto the double bed. Her back was cushioned by the bed and he braced his arms on either side of her head as they kissed. After the longest moment- which felt far too short for them both when it ended- Stefan pulled away and looked down deeply into her sparkling orbs, in which a light seemed to have been lit.

"You were never a game to me Eudora" he stated, his hand caressed her cheek, thumb stroking across her swollen lower lip and despite it all, he refused to feel even a slither of guilt for the action he had just completed. It was right.

"Don't play with me Stefan. I don't have the strength to resist you"

"Dora, I would never"

"Stefan?"

"Yes Eudora?"

"Kiss me?" And he did, his lips pressed to hers in the sweetest reunion, it was the definition of a firework worthy kiss, they were all knotted hair and tangled limbs as they morphed into one, her legs holding him impossibly closer as they gave in to their deepest desire.

That night, it was but a kiss... but it was the most mesmerising either of them had previously experienced...

•••