Chapter 3: Catherine's Advice

As promised Chapter 3!

Erica's House
Living Room
8:00 AM
Thursday
June 11th

Erica's POV
I woke up at 7:45 and called my mom; I told her I needed some advice, and when she asked about what, I said a boy, to which she said she would be there as soon as possible, with more excitement in her voice than I had ever heard before. Apparently she was at the British Embassy, doing who knows what. I only lived 5 minutes away, but with the D.C. traffic it took her 15. She knocked on the door and I opened it to see one of the biggest grins I've ever seen. 

"So," she said. "Who is it?" 

All I could say was, "Wow, you cut straight to the chase, why don't you come in first?" She walked in calmly, but I could see she was excited. 

"Sooooo... Ben?" She asked with a smile. I sat there shocked. 

"Ummm...maybe." I said sheepishly, turning a bright red. She looked at me like I got her a puppy for her birthday. 

"I knew it!!! You two are meant for each other!" She was grinning from ear to ear. 

"How did you know? I mean, was it that obvious?" I said, my voice filled with worry. "You don't think he knows, do you?" 

She looked at me and said, "Honestly, I hoped it was him so that was why I guessed him. But no, I don't think he noticed, he knows you like him but he doesn't know how much. No one but him and I picked up on the little clues you let slip though. He's a real catch, smart, athletic, muscular, loyal, sweet, caring, and not to mention all around hot." 

I turned the brightest red and said, "MOM!!! He is though, isn't he? But please don't say things like that about my friends!" 

She replied with, "Sorry, but it's true! Are you guys just friends? Because judging by the fact that you want advice, I'd guess you want it to be more than that." I sat there thinking. 

Did I, I mean sure I love him, but relationships are bad, right? I wouldn't say love if I were you. Well I did. 

"Earth to Erica, Erica are you there?" 

"Oh, yeah, sorry. Just thinking." 

She asked, "About what? I can't help if I don't know what you're thinking." 

"Well, it's complicated. I mean, Yes I like him; I like him a lot. I love his soft, golden hair and his bright green eyes. His beautiful smile and muscular body with his perfect jawline. And I love his personality, you know, how sweet, caring, and loyal he is. But what if he forgot me?" 

She calmly said, "You clearly like him, so why are you so nervous? And you know what, there is no way he forgot you, he loves you and he always will." I started to cry. 

"But what if he moved on, I always told him we couldn't be together, and I always pushed him away! He sent me a text every day for almost 2 years before giving up! What if him giving up and stopping sending me those texts meant that he moved on!" She hugged me and rubbed my back. 

"Sweetie, he's so dedicated, he probably thinks you forgot about him and didn't care about him anymore. He probably stopped texting you because he thought that you didn't want to talk to him. But I can 100% guarantee that he didn't stop loving you. Not for a second." She said firmly. But I still wasn't convinced. "What if he forgot me or doesn't care about me anymore?"I said quietly. 

"He does, I know he does." She said. "And if you don't believe me, why don't you go to his graduation tomorrow and have him come back here so you can ask him?" I thought about this. 

"Wait, he's graduating tomorrow? But he's like 13!" 

She responded with, "Honey, he's 18 turning 19 in 3 days."I sat there shocked. "My god, he is, isn't he? But it feels like yesterday we captured Ms.E! Man, it occurred to me that time has passed, but I completely forgot that he is almost 19 now!" I laughed and so did my mom. "That sounds like a great idea! Invite him over and then I can ask him! Thanks mom! You're the best!" I stopped. "What if I don't know what to say?" 

She laughed and said, "You will and if you don't, just say what feels right. You know what? I really appreciate you wanting my advice. I always wanted to talk about things like this with you, but ever since Joshua, I wasn't sure if you'd ever open up and talk about your feelings again." 

I laughed and said, "To be honest, I wasn't sure if I would either!" We laughed and talked for hours until we realized it was now 5:30 PM. 

"I'm really hungry. Do you want to go out and get some food with me, or is it too embarrassing to be seen with your mother in public?" She laughed. 

"You know what, some food sounds great. When we come home could you help me pick a nice outfit and help me do some hair or makeup in the morning?" 

She smiled and said, "I'll help you with an outfit, but you don't need hair and makeup, he loves you for who you are." 

At 6:30 we went home and watched James Bond. Around 8 we went upstairs and looked for an outfit. She smiled as she took out new white air force ones, some white sweatpants, and a dark green Champion hoodie. (The picture at the top with white sweatpants instead of white ripped jeans) 

"I think I'm ready!" I said with confidence. "Thanks mom!" I said as I hugged her.

The next chapter is called Ben's graduation and is almost done. Hope you're enjoying it!