Chapter 40: Please Don't Go

Okay last one until Friday. 

Medical Room
CIA DC HQ
8:30 PM
Sunday
July 19th

Erica's POV:
I had passed out when Ben dove behind the sign. I woke up simply to his voice and didn't tell anyone. But now we were in some sort of hospital. Ben passed out from blood loss a little after he made sure everyone was okay. We were on the plane near DC.

*Flashback*

"Everyone's okay?" He asked, pacing.

"Yes baby, we're all okay. Now sit down and rest."

He sat down next to me and I slipped my hand into his. He looked at me and smiled as if lost in a daze.

"Okay. Good. Erica I'm really sorry ab-" He slouched over onto me and slid to the floor. I knelt over him, crying.

"MOM!" I screamed. "Ben needs help! Come quick!"

I saw his eyes slowly start to close. He was fighting it. He was trying. But it was no use.

She came running. She knelt down next to me.

"Erica dear, is he-" She started to say when we voice cracked. I could tell she was trying to be brave and fight the sadness and fear for me. She was close to him, but he was my husband. I understood, but she had every right to be sad and worried. He was the sweetest man I knew. Still is.

I checked his pulse.

"He's alive but barely. He lost a lot of blood. We need to get him to a hospital quick."

She made a quick call.

"We're really close to HQ where there is a medical staff waiting the second we land."

"Thank you."

We landed and they put him on a stretcher. I walked with them as they brought him to the room. They put him onto the bed and started to mend his wounds as best they could after giving him an IV. I paced outside as they did their work.

15 minutes later they opened the door.

"He's steady. He's still unconscious but he is all stitched up. He lost a lot of blood but will probably wake soon. He also broke a bone in his leg when he ran on it and continued to use it after it got shot. He broke a couple ribs in the blast but he'll live unless we find more complications."

"Oh thank gods. And thank you all."

I walked in and sat by him. He was all bandaged up and his face was bloody and bruised. It brought tears to my eyes. He looked so beaten and tired. What if he didn't wake up? I took his hand in mine and began to speak.

"Hey baby. I cannot believe you broke 3 ribs trying to protect me. And you broke a leg running after me and trying to keep me safe you doofus. Two bullets to the chest, from trying to keep me from killing Joshua even though he deserved it. One bullet from a mission to save my grandma. One from trying to kill Joshua because you knew it wasn't him. 4 bullets, 3 broken ribs, 1 broken leg and a partridge in a pear tree." I laughed between tears. "You better be okay Mister. You risk too much for me. I love you too much to let you go now. Please don't go."

*End of Flashback*

My mom knocked on the door.

"We're going to get lunch with some of the others. You should come."

I nodded and walked to her. She put her arm around my shoulder and we walked to meet the rest of the team.

Long story short, he was still out when I left. I went back to see him late that night and talked to him for hours. I'd been there trying to get him to wake up for hours. But it was no use. 

Okay know it was short, and don't be angry about Ben. Just trust me please.