Chapter 22: Rehearsal Lunch (Calex)

Don't Judge the ship/title, I'm just too lazy to write it all, lol. Figured the song fit Calex pretty well since they both thought they'd each moved on, but deep down they missed each other and didn't know how the other one felt, or thought the other person no longer cared about them, in my mind, at least. And they kept trying until they finally got back together. It's also a song that fits into Berica because Ben keeps trying to get Erica to like him, and eventually he does. He also sings it to her in here. Sorry it took so long! Okay, enough chit chat, here's chapter 22!

The Ritz-Carlton
Lobby
12:00 PM
Friday
June 19th

Ben's POV:
We woke up and got dressed and the rehearsal dinner, well I guess it was a rehearsal lunch, just an hour or so ago. We just sat next to them to be honest. The wedding was in 3 hours. Erica and I took this time to talk to the people planning our wedding. We chose a nice place by Virginia Beach and after the ceremony and reception were done we were going to Ocean Breeze, which is a really cool water park. The cake was ready as was the venue and decorations. The wedding was next Friday and so far, everything was perfect and almost done. We spent another hour going over it and we realized we had forgotten about Bachelor/Bachlorette parties. I groaned and decided I would take my best man, which was obviously Mike, and Chip, Jawa, and my brothers Griffin and Gabe who were my groomsmen, to a Lakers vs. Wizards game and we'd just kinda chill. She would have Zoe, Jessica, and my sisters Ashley, Kiley, and Ava. Erica was surprised that she forgot I had an older and younger brother, an older sister, and 2 younger sisters. She had only ever met Gabe, Kiley, and Ava at Spy School though, because Ashley and Griff were great spies themselves so they were always on missions. 

"So what's the order from oldest to youngest?" She asked. 

"It's Griffin (21), Ashley (20), me (19), Gabe (17), Kiley (16), and Ava (16). Kiley and Ava are twins though. Kiley always talks about how she's older which annoys Ava into saying 'Only by 5 and a half minutes!' It's pretty funny honestly." She giggled. 

"So you have 2 older siblings and 3 younger ones? Your house must be crazy for the weekends!"

 "Yup, and just before I graduated my parents told me they're spies too!"

"Yeah, I figured that was probably the case if all 6 of their kids are great spies/spies in training." She said with another giggle. 

"That's why they were at the party when I told you. Apparently the Ripleys are the second best spy family, dating back to Solomon Ripley around the same time as, the one and only, Nathan Hale. The only family better than us is the Hales, no surprise there though. I mean I do know the most amazing Hale of them all though." I said in a fake wistful tone. "In fact I saw her today. Catherine." I smiled jokingly. She pulled away and punched me in the arm. But she knew it was a joke because I know she can hit way harder."Owwwww! Okay, okay, I'm kidding, I'm kidding, it's obviously you my love." 

She blushed and whispered into my ear, "Darn right, but you forgot one part." 

"Huh?" 

"I'm also the luckiest Hale you doof!" She giggled and so did I. 

"Dang straight." 

And I grabbed her hand and pulled her in as I started to dance. I sang "Make You Mine" quietly. She joined in as we slowly ballroom danced. I felt like we were being watched but I didn't care.

"Well, I will call you darlin' and everything will be okay
Cause I know that I am yours and you are mine
Doesn't matter anyway
In the night, we'll take a walk, it's nothing funny
Just to talk
Put your hand in mine
You know that I want to be with you all the time
You know that I won't stop until I make you mine
Until I make you mine
Well, I have called you darlin' and I'll say it again, again
So kiss me 'til I'm sorry, babe, that you are gone and I'm a mess
And I'll hurt you and you'll hurt me and we'll say things we can't repeat
Put your hand in mine
You know that I want to be with you all the time
You know that I won't stop until I make you mine
Until I make you mine
You need to know
We'll take it slow
I miss you so
We'll take it slow
It's hard to feel you slipping (You need to know)
Through my fingers are so numb (We'll take it slow)
And how was I supposed to know (I miss you so)
That you were not the one?
Put your hand in mine
You know that I want to be with you all the time
You know that I won't stop until I make you mine
Until I make you mine
Put your hand in mine
You know that I want to be with you all the time
Oh darlin', darlin', baby, you're so very fine
You know that I won't stop until I make you mine
Until I make you
La-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la"

We stopped singing and I spun her around and into my arms. I lifted her up as I spun and she giggled. I set her down gently and pulled her into a hug. I lifted my head and so did she. Still hugging her, I rested my chin on the top of her head. After a few minutes of standing and hugging her,  I looked down at her and stared into her eyes. I kissed her on the forehead and whispered, 

"I'll die a happy man, as long as I have you with me for the rest of my life."

 She blushed greatly and kissed me while I stroked her face and she ran her hands through my hair. We stayed like that for mere seconds, 32 to be exact, but it felt like hours. 

I love her soooooo much! I love her with every fiber of my being! I love her with all of my heart, all of my soul, everything! 

So I told her exactly that. 

"As could I. And as do I." She murmured. 

I heard someone wolf whistle and someone else say, "Ahem..." We looked up to find Cyrus watching us, along with everyone else. We both turned to them and blushed a deep red. 

"Oh... uh... hi?" 

"Well... we came to tell you to get ready because the wedding starts in 20 minutes." He said with a hint of emotion, though I wasn't sure what it was. 

"Aha, thanks? I guess?" 

"See you later babe?" 

"Yup, love you Ben!" I walked towards the door but my friends pulled me aside. 

"Yes?" 

"Dude! I can't believe you guys didn't notice us! You were both valedictorian, and you completely missed us! All of us!" Chip and Jawa yelled as they started to laugh. 

"Thanks guys! Reeeally appreciate the support." I said sarcastically.

Mike instantly got defensive. "Hey! I didn't say a word. I just wanted to say congrats! You and Erica are freaking perfect for each other! She looked so happy as you two danced! Well, you both did. But you thawed the Ice Queen! You are the one she fell for! Congratulations bro! I'm really happy for you!" This was true.

I said, "That's fair. It was just Chip and Jawa. But thanks! And trust me, I'm very aware of the things you said. But, we should probably get ready." 

"Yeah, let's go!" Cyrus yelled, clearly annoyed we were taking so long to finish our conversation. 

We yelled, "Coming!"as he rolled his eyes and walked away.

Here you go guys! Sorry it took so long! Next update may take a little while! Sorry in advance, but I really am trying to update as much as I can. I'm honestly shocked! 3.4k views already? Thanks to everyone who has stuck with me so far. Until next time, I hope you enjoyed!