Chapter 13: Close Call

I'm back! Sorry it took so long! Here we go!

Erica's House
Living Room
7:30 AM
Tuesday
June 16th

Erica's POV:
I've been up for a half an hour because I'm worried Ben will hate me and break up with me for real. 

No he won't. At least I don't think he will. He loves me, right? Yeah, but this will hurt him and you know it, good reason or not. You'll be fine; he won't leave you so stop worrying and just do it.

"Hey, you okay? You seem really upset." Ben whispered while rubbing my back. "Just tell me and I'll do anything you need." 

Damn it Ben, stop making it harder than it already is. 

"About that, I um... need a little space." I winced. I looked up into his eyes and watched the bright green turn dull and saw him start crying. 

"Did.. did... did I do something wrong?" He asked. "I... I... I can... I'll change. I promise. Erica please..." he pleaded, as tears ran down his face. "Erica... please... don't do this... I love you... please..." His eyes grew red as the tears kept falling. "Don't..." His voice cracked as he broke down in tears. He was shaking as the tears kept falling. "Why... I should have known..." 

"Ben, it's not you, it's me. You deserve better. Please, don't make this any harder than it has to be." 

"Were... you just... manipulating me... like you... used to... when... when... we were... younger?Was... it ever... real?" He said, tears falling between every few words. 

"Ben, of course it was. It always was." 

"Sure." He said with a huff. "I should... should have known... you never... never really liked me... did you?" His expression changed to one I rarely see. Anger. "Fine. I'll get my stuff and stay out of your face." He grumbled. 

"Ben," He kept walking, "Ben! Listen to me! It's not your fault! Okay?" 

"Sure." He said as he kept packing up his stuff. 

"Great. Just great." I griped. "I'm so glad you're taking it like an adult." 

"What!" He yelled. "I'm 19 and the girl I always wanted to be with just broke up with me and won't tell me why! Put yourself in my place! How would you feel if I randomly broke up with you and wouldn't tell you why! Oh wait, that's right! You probably wouldn't care since you don't seem to care about me! Then you get upset at me because I'm angry and sad and hurt that someone I always loved broke up with me for no apparent reason! So you shouldn't tell me I'm not taking it well! Because I have every right to feel angry and sad and hurt because I love you and you won't tell me why you're ending the relationship I've worked toward for 5 years! And no matter how poorly you treated me or how much you used me and pushed me away, I stood up for you and kept trying to spend time with you." 

This went worse than I expected. I hope he'll feel better after going to the gym and when he finds out why. Fingers crossed. 

"Listen, Ben..." 

"NO! I don't want to listen unless you're gonna tell me what's wrong. Because if you won't, I'm gonna pack my stuff up, sell my car, and move on. I need to head to the gym if you won't tell me, but if you will, I'll understand because no matter what, I'm drawn to you! I promise I won't be mad, I just wanna know what's going on! Please, Erica... Please..." 

I don't know what to do! Wait! I think I have an idea, but what if it doesn't work! 

"Ben, I can't right now, but I'll tell you one thing, I love you, but I just need you to trust me. Leave your stuff here and go to the gym. Afterwards, once you've blown off some steam, I'll explain at your parent's house. Around 11:00 Sound good? It's 8:15 now." I hoped it worked. He looked confused, and realized that it meant I would explain all of this in a few hours. 

"Okay. But I gotta go now." 

"Sounds good." He walked out after he set his stuff down on the end of the couch. 

Whew! It would have sucked if they showed up when he was still here! It would have ruined everything! I heard cars pull up and doors open and close. Ben left 5 minutes ago! That was way too close! 

When they came in they asked me if I was okay, and I realized I had been crying! I wiped my eyes and told them about what happened and how close it had been. They all felt bad and apologized about how then talk with Ben went. Note to self: Don't ever use anything like that again!

There's 2 more chapters for you but, it's 11:54 so I'm going to bed. Hope you enjoyed and good night! Wow, 593 views. Thanks everyone!