Chapter 21: Past Pain

I'm back! Sorry, the next few chapters will be a lot shorter, but that's so I can still update really often. I think that Joshua looked like Tanner Buchanan before his robotic limbs, hook, and eye patch.

The Mall
Starbucks
12:30
Thursday
June 18th

Erica's POV:
We had decided to go to the movies. We both wanted to see the new Men in Black: International. I was excited, but I also really wanted to watch Last Christmas. I asked Ben if we could see it too and he happily agreed. I think he wanted to make up for lost time when we were kids so he'd do pretty much anything to spend time with me. And I felt the exact same way. I felt bad that I had rejected him and pushed him away for so long. But, at least I eventually got there and now I'm happier than ever before. I really loved him. He had his right arm around me, since he was on my left, and he held my left hand in his. My head was rested on his shoulder, and his was rested on my head. He tried not to show it, but I could tell his heart melted and he was really excited. 

The movies ended and he asked, "Wanna get some Starbucks?" 

"Yeah, sure." He took my hand and we walked there. What do you want?" 

"Cappuccino please." He ordered and handed mine to me while we walked to a table on the patio. 

"So, what's on your mind?" I asked, because he seemed off. 

"I don't know. I just feel bad for you, given the first guy you liked betrayed you and the country, and yet I don't know anything about him. I guess I kinda feel in the dark. But I understand. It hurt and still does so you don't like talking about it." 

He sighed, obviously not wanting to push me to do anything. But I knew that I'd have to tell him sooner or later, and he clearly wants to know. 

If I want to make this relationship work, I have to be honest and more open.

I sighed and began. I told him everything. The 3 days me and Joshua dated, his betrayal, his song, everything. Because he's so amazing, he listened intently and took in every word I said. I remember how happy I was because many guys just pretend to listen. But Ben was different. Ben is different. He asked questions and nodded. 

I love him so much! He actually listens when I talk! And he's so sweet! Not to mention freaking adorable! And strong, and smart, and sweet, and hot, and amazing, and so, so much more!I ranted in my head. 

When I had finished, he looked sad and hurt, because he was imagining how it must have felt. He must have imagined how it would have felt if I had betrayed him. Then he laughed, probably because he was sure I couldn't do that. 

Wait, no he didn't. I imagined him imagining that. I imagined something? Wow! I really have changed a lot!

But he did seemed shocked that I had shared this much at once, which, to be honest, so did I.  While he looked surprised, he looked far happier thinking about the way our life had been, and how far we'd come. 

"Wow, I'm so sorry. So you guys dated?" 

"Yeah, for three days. And it's okay. It wasn't you, it was him. But thanks for listening. I know I talked a lot. I hadn't told anyone and I really wanted to tell you." 

"Absolutely. And I didn't mind. I love listening to you. Wanna head home?" 

"Yeah, let's go." We sat in silence, not awkward, but peaceful a second. We did nothing but stare into each other's eyes. 

After a minute or more, we slowly stood up and he put his arm on my shoulders and gently grabbed my hand like he always did. It was relaxing and I have to admit, I love the way he does that. I love to feel his warm embrace. I love him and everything that comes with him. We got to the car and he asked if I wanted to drive, but I said he could. I wanted to keep his hand in mine and watch him lovingly. I was too distracted to drive, and he seemed to sense this. 

He squeezed my hand and at the stoplight, he looked at me and whispered, "God, I love you! I'm so glad that after all this time, we stayed friends, and even became more than that! In a week, you and I are getting married, and before that, your parents! Isn't it crazy?"

"It is though! I mean I'm finally with you and my parents are getting back together! I'm so happy now, more so than ever before!" 

We laughed as he said, "Cloud 9." I sang Dove Cameron's parts and he sang Luke Benward's.

"Waking up, ready for some action
Strapping in, ready for the ride
Going big now that I can take it
All the way to cloud 9
Dropping in, wanna feel the rush now
Sun is out, the wind is in my hair
Nothing else could be quite as awesome
As when I'm soaring through the air
So here we go, and we ain't gonna take it slow
We're ready now to touch the sky
This must be how it feels to fly
I'm on cloud 9, I'm on cloud 9
This must be how it feels to fly
I'm on cloud 9, oh oh
Don't give up, keep on taking chances
Put in time, till you get it right
Winding up, swinging for the fences
Won't go down without a fight
Going hard, push it to the limit
To the edge, go to the extreme
There's no doubt that I'm gonna win it
Never giving up the dream
So here we go, and we ain't gonna take it slow
We're ready now to touch the sky
This must be how it feels to fly
I'm on cloud 9, I'm on cloud 9
This must be how it feels to fly
I'm on cloud 9, I'm on cloud 9 I'm on cloud 9
This must be how it feels to fly
I'm on cloud 9, oh oh
So here we go, and we ain't gonna take it slow
We're ready now to touch the sky
This must be how it feels to fly
I'm on cloud 9, I'm on cloud 9
This must be how it feels to fly
I'm on cloud 9, I'm on cloud 9, I'm on cloud 9
This must be how it feels to fly
I'm on cloud 9, oh oh"

We both started laughing and we realized we were almost home. 

We. WE. WE! 

I was so happy and realized we needed to go shopping because my parent's wedding is in 2 days and the rehearsal dinner is tomorrow night. 

Eh, tomorrow. I'm tired. NO! We need to be ready. They're getting back together! Go get your dang clothes!

"Ben, we forgot to go get clothes for their wedding! We gotta go!"

 "Okay."

He turned around when he could and we pulled into the parking lot. We walked in and decided a suit would be easier and we found a navy one with a bright green tie and pocket square we both loved it and decided that was his suit for our wedding and we found a navy blue one that matched his. And of course, my dress for our wedding would have to be chosen at a later date.

  Whew! Now all we have to do is go, get gifts, make vows, and go to our wedding stuff, before we leave for our mission. The people hired to plan it were pretty much done. They had food, decorations, invites out already, music, and more. As far as I could tell, all we had to do was gifts and vows. They even ordered the cake we wanted. I felt way less stressed than I expected, and I loved it.

Here's her POV and some more, because no one would have read the story again, so instead I kept moving to give you guys some new stuff.