Chapter Twenty-Five

…and the next chapter…

By the way I'm sorry about the gif on the side there...he's just so damn perfect...

KAELIN’S POV:

Briana helps me get ready for dinner with Harry. She makes me wear one of her dresses; it’s casual but somewhat fancy at the same time. It’s dark blue and tight with a sweetheart neckline, the length reaching mid-thigh. The dress is gorgeous and it actually brings out my curves a little. I’m so skinny now I was expecting this dress to give me no shape at all.

                Briana curls my hair and applies minimal makeup on my eyes. When she’s finished she steps away to look at her work. She immediately grins. “Kaelin you look gorgeous!” she says, obviously proud of herself. “Oh my god I’m so excited!!!”

                I laugh, “You’re excited?”

                She nods, “Of course! When I see you tomorrow you have to tell me everything. Do you understand? EVERYTHING!”

                I just laugh again, “Sure thing Bri, calm yourself.” Something that she said sinks in all of a sudden. “Wait...tomorrow? Won’t you be home tonight?”

                She shakes her head, “Nope, I’m spending the night at Travis’s house,” oh god, her little dick face boyfriend. “I figured I’d leave the flat tonight in case you two wanna have it all to yourselves.” She winks as a sly smile spreads on her face.

                I roll my eyes, “That’s a lovely gesture, but completely unnecessary...trust me.”

                Briana just shrugs, “whatever you say Kaelin.”

Harry is fifteen minutes late picking me up. That doesn’t surprise me; he’s always late. I like it because it gives me more time to get ready and panic about the night. Briana calmed me down as much as she could but seeing Harry puts me completely at ease. What’s there to panic about? It’s just Harry, my best friend.

                “You look beautiful,” he tells me, stepping in for a hug. I quickly hug him back. His hand slowly runs down my back, sending shivers through my body. I pull away before he can go any further only to catch him smirking. I roll my eyes, “You’re a real piece of work Styles.” I smack him playfully in the stomach on my way out the door and walk a few steps ahead. All the while I’m feeling a little surprised; it’s been a while since Harry made me feel...feel like that.

                When he catches up to me I get a chance to see what he’s wearing: black pants, a grey blazer, and a white dress shirt. All he’s missing is his bowtie. “You look pretty handsome yourself by the way,” I tell him. He grins and holds the door open for me. I step outside in the chilly weather; it’s cold for this time of year. Before I can go any further Harry steps in front of me and pulls my jacket shut tight.

                I look up at him and he tries to play it off. “I don’t want you to catch a chill.”

The restaurant we arrive at is a lot fancier than I was expecting. Harry checks in and the hostess leads us to our reserved table next to the window. The view is beautiful; it overlooks the city and as the sun is setting the lights get brighter and brighter. Harry pulls my chair out for me. I blush and take a seat as he takes his across from me. The view quickly grabs my attention and I find myself staring at the city in awe.

                “Wow,” I mutter, “It’s beautiful.” I turn towards Harry only to find him looking straight at me. I press my lips together to hide my smile. “This place is...amazing,” I say, stating the obvious. “I mean...it’s pretty fancy for the two of us.”