Chapter Twenty-Seven

Okay this chapter is a tad on the emotional side :'( and it's a little short.. but i really hope you guys like it! There are only a few more chapters left after this one! Enjoy :)

KAELIN’S POV:

"Harry s-something’s w-wrong," I stutter in a low whisper. I’m trying to talk louder but I can’t, I physically can’t. Everything is blurry and I’m completely disoriented. I can’t see Harry anymore but I think he might be picking me up...

HARRY’S POV:

Before Kaelin has a chance to tip over I scoop her tiny body up and pull her against my chest. I immediately head over to the nearest table where I can set her down to rest. I need help but it’s so dark in here and the music is so loud I don’t know where anyone is. On my way to the table some guy suggests that she’s drunk before winking at me. If I wasn’t panicking over Kaelin right now I would punch him in the face.

I set Kaelin down in a chair and kneel down to look into her eyes. They’re looking all over the place like she can’t focus. Her breathing is rapid and unsteady as she begins to panic. "Harry I-I c-can’t breathe," she stammers.

I push her hair back and take her face in my hands, "Kaelin, baby, calm down okay?" I beg her, not sure what to do. Panic wells up inside of me as I realize I need help: now. My eyes scan the room but no one is even aware of what’s happening. Fuck, I don’t even know what’s happening! Kaelin’s hands reach out for me and I take them in mine. "I’m gonna get you some help," I tell her hastily in alarm. She really needs help but I don’t want to leave her. That’s when someone grabs my shoulder.

"Harry?" my mum asks over the music, "Harry what’s going on?"

"It’s Kaelin!" I answer, my voice panicked, "there’s something wrong. We need to get her to a hospital!"

"I’ll go get Emily," she says but Kaelin quickly interrupts her.

"No!" she manages to say it loud enough for my mum to hear her.

"We don’t have time, let’s go," I say, picking Kaelin up again and heading straight out the doors. Some people try to stop me and ask what’s going on but I completely ignore them. All I care about is getting her to the hospital. I’m trying not to cry but I can’t help it. I can’t control anything.

I hastily place Kaelin in the backseat and plan on driving when my mum comes running outside. She takes the keys and orders me to get in the backseat. I do so thankfully; I don’t think I can drive right now. I focus on trying to keep Kaelin talking and moving and anything that will show her heart is still beating. I need her heart to keep beating; I need her to be able to breathe and laugh and live. I need her, which is why I refuse to let this be the last time I see her alive. That’s what it feels like though; I’m absolutely terrified.

Her forehead is sweating as she wraps her arms around her stomach. "I think I’m going to be sick," she says, dropping her head between her knees. She gags but nothing comes out. Instead she sits back up and rests her head against the seat. Her breathing keeps getting faster and faster. I don’t know what to do! I’m sitting here, useless, watching my girlfriend suffer. I shift closer to her and just hold her; that’s all I can do. I hold her and run my fingers through her hair. "It’s going to be alright love, we’ll be at the hospital soon," I tell her through tears.

Kaelin’s breathing slows and I think maybe she’s calming down. Maybe she’s going to be alright and this was just a panic attack or something. We pull up at the hospital doors. I pick Kaelin up in my arms and hurry inside. The ER doctors rush over to me when they see me. They all ask what’s wrong and that’s when I realize: Kaelin isn’t breathing.