Scars That We Carry

(Prologue)

Her little heart sank to its bottomest low. Every breath she took was suffocating. She couldn't and wouldn't loosen her grip that barely covered three fingers of the dead lying in front of her.

The night was as red as the blood that covered her uncle's body. She was lost, she was broken and the only sanity left in her kept replaying his final words. "Forgive him.
It's not his fault.
He never meant to hurt you," and

"I love you, my Mitsuki..."

Between all the tears and blood, something was loud enough to temporarily snap her out of her frazzled state. A scream- a woman's wail that filled the silent night. Her voice so familiar that before she knew it, the girl was running towards their house. She realized her uncle was killed, that she was now alone. She could feel the depression rising and fear crawling back and her senses slowly shutting down.

___×××___

I remember that day. It was a couple days or weeks after my uncle had died. I was confused about everything. I was trying to make my sense of it all. I knew I had to head towards Konoha. It turns out I was going the wrong way the whole time.
Then I saw him. He looked nothing like I remembered.

Alot happened back then. I lost people I cared about, not only my uncle, but a few friends as well. You would never know with my personality, how much I had to go through and how much it still hurts.

Well...

My uncle always told me,"You have to be the moon of your own darkness."

Our past, memories, families, friends, the people we encounter along the way. Even the pain we endure to please others.

This is who we are,

We are all marked...