Part 1 - Suhagraat

He walked inside the room nervously. This was probably the first time he was so nervous in his whole life. Even in the morning when he made her wear mangalsutra and sindoor, he was cool but now, all he felt was to dig and hole in the ground and hide inside it.

He took a silent deep breath before turning and locking the room while she clutched the bedsheet in a tight grip hearing the sound of lock. What was he even going to do? She was close to hyperventilating when he walked towards her and sat on the bed with a sigh.

“Anika” He called and she hummed as she tried to steady her breath.

“It feels weird right?” He asked and she hummed again.

“Talk something yaar” He told and she removed the ghunghat from her head before taking a proper look at him. He looked at her and suddenly felt his nerves going calm. She too had a nervous smile on her face but that one look of her made his mind unusually calm.

“I always came to this room to mess up your things but now——” She told fidgeting with her fingers and he chuckled, a little relieved that she was acting normal to him.

“Bhaiyya——” She called but closed her mouth with her palm with tightly closed eyes while he turned to her embarrassed.

“It will take time” He told and she bit her tongue.

“I don't know what to call you. From the time I remember, I called you Bhaiyya just like I like Arnav bhaiyya” Anika told with a pout and he sighed.

“Ya, I carried you around like khushi and now you're in my room as my wife” He told and just the word wife gave her a flock of butterflies in her tummy.

“I'm just five years younger than you” She told softly.

“That was a big difference for me till last week” He told with a sigh.

“We didn't get much time to talk with each other right? Whenever I called you, you were busy and whenever you were free, I was busy” Shivaay told and she nodded.

“On top of that, bhaiyya and bhabhi were some or the other way interrupting all our talks” She told and he nodded.

“You can't blame them. They might have thought if they left us to talk, we might change our decision. Because of some problem in Khushi's kundali, she had to get married this month itself” Shivaay told with a frown and she smiled.

“Ok first things first. Let's decide what you'll call me” He told and she looked at him, sitting properly on the bed beside him.

“Shivaayji?” She asked confused.

“No” He shouted with wide eyes and she jerked back startled.

“I mean no” He told calmly seeing her scared.

“Call me shivaay” He told and she looked at him uncomfortably.

“But you're older than me”

“Even Arnav is older than Khushi. Have you heard her calling him Arnavji?” He asked offended and she bit her lower lip.

“Ok let me try. Sh—shi—I can't bhaiyya” He closed his eyes hearing bhaiyya from her again. It's not always your wife calls you bhaiyya.

“I'm sorry. I called you that again” She told hitting her forehead and he sighed.

“Try again” He told and she took a deep breath.