Part 12 - In office

A few days later

“Anika right? I'm Rahul, project manager. I was on a leave, so this late introduction” The tall man told extending his hand for a handshake and she shook her hand with a smile.

“I heard you're sir's new PA. Don't take me wrong but are you sure you're up for this task?” Rahul asked and Anika looked confused at him.

“Why sir?” She asked politely.

“Please call me Rahul” He told and she nodded.

“But why did you ask that question?” Anika repeated.

“Sir is very short tempered and I have never seen him with one PA for more than three months. I just told, not that you're not capable” Rahul told softly and Anika smiled.

“Do you follow news?”

“I don't have that habit. Why?”

“Simply! I'll take care. Thank you for informing Rahul” Anika told with a smile.

“And, my cabin just two cabins apart. If you want any help...” He told and she smiled.

“That's so sweet of you. Thank you very much” Anika told with a smile and Rahul smiled before walking out of her cabin.

She smiled and walked to his cabin.

“May I come in sir?” She asked opening the door slightly and knocking.

He raised his head and quickly kept something away before looking at her.

“Come in” He told and she smiled before closing the door and walking to him.

“Sir——”

“Nobody is going to hear us inside this cabin. Avoid your formality at least here” He told as he was tired of repeating the same thing for the hundredth time and she chuckled.

“Rules are rules. Mr Sam called and asked to reschedule the meeting as there's some emergency for him. When should I fix the next appointment?” She asked and he thought for sometime.

“Am I free tomorrow?”

“No, tightly packed right from morning” She told and he frowned.

“List it out”

“9 am, you have meeting with Apollo groups. 10:30 with Malhotras. From 12 to 1, it is lunch break and I won't fix any meeting at that time. At 1:30, you have an appointment with Mr. Sameer Maheswari and again at 4, there's a meeting with Reddit groups. 6, duty hours will get over” She told.

“From 12 to 1——”

“Lunch break” She told sternly and he nodded quickly.

“We can have lunch——”

“I told you it's lunch break and I won't fix a meeting at that time? I won't listen anything. If your pressure lowers like last time——”

“Ok ok no meeting. I'll have lunch. What about day after tomorrow?” He told quickly and she thought for sometime.

“After 1, there's no meeting scheduled” She told and he nodded.

“Shall I fix it for day after tomorrow?” She asked and he nodded but then quickly shook his head.

“No no, I want to go home early that day. I have some work at home” He told and she looked confused at him.

“What work?”