Part 26 - Sorted out

“Hello khushi” Shivaay told extremely sweetly.

“H-ha bhaiyya tell me. Why did you call at this time?” Khushi asked confused.

“Why sweetheart? I can't call my sister? How are you doing? All fine?” He asked and Anika looked confused on what he was doing.

“Y-ya fine. What happened?” Khushi was equally confused.

“Nothing happened. Why didn't you come out of the room to see your Bhaiyya? I just came there along with Anika. Arnav told you were sleeping. I'm hurt” Shivaay told and Anika looked at him with wide eyes.

“I—I—I'm sorry. I didn't know” Khushi stammered.

“Ah leave that. How's your health? Aren't you going for weekly checkup?” Shivaay asked.

“Do you eat healthy? You should eat properly. Tell me what did you eat today?” Shivaay asked before Khushi could answer.

Bhaiyya what——”

“Aren't you going for jogging in the morning? Aren't you drinking eight glasses of water a day?” He asked and Anika looked at him weirdly.

Bhaiyya what are you saying——”

“Give the mobile to Arnav” Shivaay told and in a moment, Arnav took the mobile.

“Am I on speaker?” Shivaay asked.

“No why?”

“Put the call on speaker”

“So Arnav, I'm going to 'worship' my sister from today. You don't have any problem right?” Shivaay asked and Anika looked shocked at him before snatching the mobile from him.

“I didn't tell him anything Anika. I didn't break the promise” Shivaay told loud enough for Arnav to hear.

“You did. You just did” She told angrily.

“What did I say? Did I say what you told me?” Shivaay asked.

“Yes you just meant that I heard everything bhabhi said” Anika told angrily and only hearing the gasp, she realised that Arnav was still on line.

“Talk to them. Bottling up everything in your mind won't help. I won't let you do that again” Shivaay told and her lips quivered as she tried to talk.

Bhaiyya——I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I'm sorry bhabhi” She told with tears rolling down her eyes and Shivaay side hugged her. 

“I'm coming” Arnav told in a whisper before hanging the call.

*

“Anika, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. I don't know what I was thinking at that time” Khushi told hugging Anika with tears rolling down her eyes.

“No I'm sorry bhabhi. I only thought about myself. I'm sorry if I hurt you” Anika told with tears.

“Don't say like this. My place is after you. I don't want it in any other way. I know what he had gone through and I shouldn't have even uttered those words knowing how much he loves you. Forgive me if you can” Khushi told guiltily.

“Bhabhi don't say like this and make me more emotional. I won't let your brother sleep by crying all night” Anika told with a pout and khushi chuckled with tears.

“It's ok if he doesn't sleep. In your language, he is a big chantomai and bagadbilla Khushi told and Anika turned to look at Shivaay who was frowning.