Part 23 - Why him

Hello everyone :-)

I'm sorry for disappearing without any notice. Its just that my great grand mom passed away. I had to go to India. I didn't have network there and in between that depression, I didn't do anything other than cry. It was a shock to me as I was too close to her and it's just last day that I managed to come out of that shell. I couldn't even see her for last time and that thought is killing me from inside. She was too old and doctors predicted it could happen anytime but still, I'm not over it. Hope you all can understand.

I'll try to reply to all your comments as soon as possible. Sorry for that. I'm updating this because it was written long back and I didn't want to make you all wait any longer.   

Bhaiyya Anika called as she settled on the couch near Arnav who was doing something in his mobile.

Bhaiyya She called and he hummed.

She snatched the mobile from him with a frown.

Now listen. Why did you choose him for me? She asked.

Whom?

Him

Whom? Arnav asked acting confused.

Arre him, your best friend”

Who? Aditya? Why would I choose him for you? Arnav asked and Anika frowned.

Who Aditya? Your best friend is he right?

Who he? Anika don't waste my time now. Give me my mobile” Arnav told.

Wait! She told and showed him a photo of Shivaay from her mobile.

He

I can't see anyone. Who is this? Arnav asked and Anika looked at him irritated.

Bhaiyya!! Shivaay She told irritated and Arnav smiled.

Ya what about him?

He told me you always wanted us together. Why?

Where can you find a thirty year old man who haven't even kissed anyone till that span of his life? Though I make fun of him every now and then about his outdated beliefs, I actually respect him for that” He told and she shrugged.

Is that the only reason?

Tell me one thing. It's been almost a month and half that you're living with him. Did he touch anywhere on your body without your consent? He asked and she shook her head outrightly.

That even you or papa or uncle won't do” She told shrugging.

Didn't you just compare him to the three people whom you consider as role models in your life? Arnav asked with a smile.

See, uncle and aunty raised him. He will surely have good values and he'll obviously respect women. On top of that, he has a sister whom he considers above everything. Is that the reason? She asked and he shook his head.

If he considers his sister above everything, won't he consider his wife the same way?

Not necessary” Anika told and Arnav smiled.