[3] Professor Lupin

[Outfit Above]

Everyone was gathered in the great hall ready to dig into the mouth watering feast that lined each long table in the large room

Everyone was gathered in the great hall ready to dig into the mouth watering feast that lined each long table in the large room. Every head had been turned and focused up on Dumbledore as he gave his yearly speech introducing any events for the school before we started to eat. I noticed all the first years looking at his with wide eyes and their mouths almost dropping open due to absolute awe of the headmaster.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts." Dumbledore greeted with a wide smile, he set his hands back down onto the table in front of him "Now, I'd like to say a few words... before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin... who's kindly consented to fill the post... of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, professor."

I clapped loudly and excitedly for my father who I saw couldn't help the grin that rose to his lips, normally he seemed to always want to remain professional but when it came to me that would fly out the window. After every full moon I would always assure him of how proud I was that he was my father and that I wouldn't wish for anyone else.

"Potter. Is it true you fainted?" The snarky tone of my almost white haired cousin snapped me from my thoughts. I turned around in my seat on the other side of Harry facing my rotten family member. "I mean, you actually fainted?" Draco mocked "Shut up, Draco" I sneered which earned his attention shift to me. "Can't forget you dear cousin. I believe you screamed like a little girl" I rolled my eyes "What about you Draco? I believe you froze like a fish out of water"

Ron snorted but quieted down instantly when Draco glared in his direction. I turned back in my seat and rested my head on Harry's shoulder letting my strong front fall. "How the bloody hell did he find out?" I groaned, Harry wrapped an arm around my shoulders comfortingly "Ignore him" I nodded slightly against his shoulder and redirected my eyes back up towards Dumbledore.

"Our Care of Magical Creatures teacher... has decided to retire... in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce... that his place will be taken by none other... than our own Rubeus Hagrid." Everyone erupted into loud claps and whoops but no table louder than the Gryffindors. "Finally, on a more disquieting note... at the request of the Ministry of Magic... Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban... until such a time as Sirius Black is captured."

I sighed knowing that my uncle Sirius was out, dad always said that he was mixed but he had to believe what the ministry said. That he not only killed Lily and James Potter and 13 muggles but also my mother. His own twin sister. "The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now whilst I've been assured... that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities... a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They'll not distinguish... between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you... to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving."