[14] Like Her

[Outfit Above] 

"Give me a reason

"Give me a reason. I beg you." Shaking his head my father slowly approached the two wizards. "Severus, don't be a fool."

"He can't help it. It's a habit by now." Sirius grinned. Internally facepalming at his old friends idiocy my father snapped "Sirius, be quiet!"

"Quiet yourself Remus!" Sirius retorted as he stood still on the edge of Snape's wand, my father retreated back towards the piano knowing he would get nowhere with Sirius. Snape clicked his tongue "Listen to you two. Quarreling like an old married couple." Sirius glared at him "Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set?" Snape pressed his wand harder against Sirius's pale skin "I could do it you know, but why deny the dementors who are so longing to see you"

He smirked slightly at Sirius's fear filled eyes "Do I detect a flicker of fear?" He started to back Sirius up against the piano "Oh yes, one can only imagine what it must be like to endure the Dementor's Kiss. It's said to be unbearable to witness. But I'll do my best." Sighing my dad crossed his arms "Severus please" Snape's eyes hardened and he gestured towards the door "After you." I felt Harry's hand slip around my waist, I glanced down and saw he was slowly pulling my wand out of my pocket.

Harry stepped forward with m wand in hand, Snape seemed to think he was going to fire at Sirius but he quickly turned on him "Expelliarmus!" The strength of the spell mixed with my wand caused Snape to fly backwards into an old bed that collapsed around him. Hermione stumbled backwards shocked "Harry, what did you just do?!" Ron questioned his eyes wide. "You attacked a teacher."

Harry stood tall and continued to hold my wand out "Tell me about Peter Pettigrew!" sirius looked back at harry slightly shocked but mostly impressed. "Pettigrew. He was at school with us. We thought he was a friend." My father explained but Harry shook his head "No, Pettigrew's dead." He pointed my wand at Sirius "You killed him" My father ran in front of Sirius blocking him from any possible spells. "I thought so, too. Until you mentioned seeing Pettigrew on the Map."

I shook my head and moved to stand next to Harry "But dad the map was lying" Behind my father Sirius shook his head "The Map never lies. Pettigrew's alive. And he's right there." Sirius pointed at Ron who went white in fear "M-me? It's mental" Sirius rolled his eyes exasperatedly "Not you, your rat." Ron furrowed his brows and held onto a squeaking Scabbers "Scabbers? Scabbers has been in my family for-"

"Twelve years. A curiously long life for a common garden rat. He's missing a toe, isn't he?" Sirius said bitterly as he walked towards Ron. "So what?" I looked at Ron for a moment and my eyes trailed down to Scabbers. "The only thing they found of Pettigrew was.." Sirius nodded "His finger. The dirty coward cut it off so everyone would think he was dead. Then he transformed into a rat." Harry glanced at me and I nodded "Show us"

Both of the grown men turned to Ron who held onto Scabbers protectively "What are you trying to do to him?" Ron struggled as Sirius ripped the rat from his hands, my father and Sirius looked at each other before Sirius released the rat onto the piano. They both tried to hit the rat with the spell forcing him to change back but he ran down the piano and onto the keys. Finally hitting him as he ran through a hole in the wall, they pulled him back as he had transformed to his normal self.

"S-Sirius... R-Remus. My old friends." While both of the taller men seemed stunned Peter attempted to run past them but they quickly grabbed his arms and pushed him back. Peter's nose twitched as his eyes fell on Harry and he gasped. "Harry! Look at you! Y-you look just like your father. Like James. We were the best of friends, he and I-" Peters eyes fell from Harry to me as he grabbed my arms "Oh my! Ophelia how you've grown! You look so much like your mother she was-"

Peter was cut off by both Sirius and my father yelling at him as they both ripped him off me "You leave her be!" As they pushed Peter back Harry had moved me behind him just enough to where his arm was out against my stomach guarding me. "How dare you speak to him! How dare you speak about James in front of him!" Sirius sneered furiously as my father and him chased Peter behind the piano.

"You sold James, Lily and Sage to Voldemort didn't you!?" My father demanded "I didn't mean to!" Peter cried "The Dark Lord, you have no idea the weapons he possesses! Ask yourself, Sirius, what you would have done. What would you have done!?" Sirius's eyes were filled with rage "Died! I would have died rather than betray my friends! My own sister!" Peter crawled out from under the piano and ran for the door but Harry cut him off.

Peter ran straight towards him and grabbed his shoulders "Get off of him!" I shouted and used my powers to push him off, I grabbed Harry's hand and pulled him back as Sirius and my father stood in front of Peter once more with their wands up. "You should have realized Peter..that if Voldemort didn't kill you, then we would." Sirius thrusted his wand our further towards Peter "Together!"

"No!" I stopped them both, my father glanced back at me "Ophelia, this man..." I cut him off and stood strong by Harry my hands by my side if I needed to fight. "I know who he is and what he's done dad... But we'll take him to the castle." Peter dropped to his knees whimpering "Bless you, girl! Bless you-" He reached out to touch me but Harry swatted away his hand "Don't touch her. She said we'd take you to the castle. After that, the Dementors can have you."

-

-

-

Harry, Hermione and I left the shack with Ron and Sirius while my father stayed behind to wrangle Peter. Harry and Sirius had set Ron down on a rock, I looked back over my shoulder and saw Sirius walking down the hill to look at Hogwarts. "Go ahead. I'll stay" Hermione told Harry and I who had been watching him as well. I stood up slowly and quietly made my way to stand on Sirius's right while Harry stopped on his left.

"It's beautiful isn't it. I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors. It'll be nice to do it again as a free man" Sirius looked down at me "That was a noble thing you did back there. He doesn't deserve it." I nodded slowly "Maybe...but it's what my mother would have done" Sirius chuckled lightly "Yes I do believe that is something she would have done. Always sparing the guilty, stubborn she was"

Harry snorted "Sounds familiar" I gasped and walked around Sirius to swat Harry's arm which only made him laugh more. I scoffed "Besides if he's dead.." I looked up at Sirius from beside him and harry "I don't get to know you. But alive, your free" Sirius smiled fondly down at me "You are so much like her." He broke into a grin "And I see you have her powers too"

He looked over at Harry "I don't know if you know, Harry, but when you were born, James and Lily made me your guardian..." Harry nodded "I know." Sirius rocked on his feet slightly nervous "And, well, I'll understand if you choose to stay with your aunt and uncle, but, if you ever wanted a different home..you could-"

Harry looked at him with widened eyes "Can I live with you?" Sirius nodded with a smile "Soon as my name's cleared..." He nudged my side with his arm "Fair warning I will be over quite a lot, your father always has the best chocolates" I chuckled lightly "That he does"

"Ophelia!" Hermione's scream caused me to spin around and see my father being hit with the moonlight as his transformation started to occur. "Oh no" I whispered nervously and ran towards the bushy haired girl with Harry and Sirius behind me, Sirius ran towards my father and grabbed onto him "Remus, old friend... did you take your potion tonight?"

-

-

-

-

-

Shits goin down
- A