[39] Remember Cedric

The last night at school, both Ophelia and Harry had joined Hermione and Ron in the great hall for dinner

The last night at school, both Ophelia and Harry had joined Hermione and Ron in the great hall for dinner. When the four of them walked in all heads turned towards them and watched Ophelia and Harry's every move. Ophelia sat down next to Ron while Harry sat beside Hermione, they didn't want everyone to know that they were officially together yet. Only Ron and Hermione knew, and of course Remus. The core four looked up as Dumbledore stood at the podium ready to address them all. "The end of another year." Dumbledore paused and his eyes fell to the Hufflepuff table where Cedric's spot was left empty in honor of him.

"There is much that I would like to say to you all tonight, but I must first acknowledge the loss of a very fine person, who should be sitting here." Dumbledore gestured toward the Hufflepuffs. "Enjoying our feast with us. I would like you all, please, to stand, and raise your glasses, to Cedric Diggory." Everyone stood up and raised their goblets, and echoed, in one low voice. "Cedric Diggory." Ophelia looked down at her hands as they all sat down at the table again. She tried to fight back the tears stinging her eyes but a few had slipped down her cheeks.

Ron looked down at Ophelia sadly, he knew she was blaming herself much like she always has when things went wrong. He remembered how she blamed herself for getting petrified their second year and blamed herself for him getting hurt last year. Ron reached an arm around her shoulders and let her rest her head on his as she silently cried. Some might look at them and see more than friends but if you knew the two, you knew they would bicker like the siblings they practically are. Ophelia was an honorary Weasley child, she was Ron's sister.

"Cedric was a person who exemplified many of the qualities that distinguish Hufflepuff house," Dumbledore continued. "He was a good and loyal friend, a hard worker, he valued fair play. His death has affected you all, whether you knew him well or not. I think that you have the right, therefore, to know exactly how it came about." Ophelia's eyes widened at Dumbledore's words. She lifted her head off of Ron's shoulder and looked at Harry to find him already looking back at her in shock.

"Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort." Whispers swept the Great Hall and people stared at Dumbledore in disbelief and horror yet he looked perfectly calm. "The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. It is possible that some of your parents will be horrified that I have done so--either because they will not believe that Lord Voldemort has returned, or because they think I should not tell you so, young as you are. It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies, and that any attempt to pretend that Cedric died as the result of an accident, or some sort of blunder of his own, is an insult to his memory."

"There is someone else who must be mentioned in connection with Cedric's death," Dumbledore went on. "I am talking, of course, about Harry Potter....and Ophelia Lupin." Some heads turned towards Ophelia and Harry before flicking back to Dumbledore. "Harry Potter and Ophelia Lupin managed to escape Lord Voldemort. They risked their own lives to return Cedric's body to Hogwarts." Dumbledore looked down at the two of them as he continued. "They showed, in every respect, the sort of bravery that few wizards have ever shown in facing Lord Voldemort, and for this, I honor them." Dumbledore then raised his goblet once more causing some to follow suit.