[43] I Promise

Harry had left with Mr

Harry had left with Mr. Weasley early the next morning to attend his hearing at the Ministry. Molly had done her best to keep the rest of the teens working on cleaning up the house while they waited for the two to return. When the two had finally returned just before lunch Ophelia practically launched herself onto Harry. She rushed towards him, her face full of worry. "Well..?" Hermione inquired as she came towards Ophelia's left. "They cleared me..of all charges."

Ophelia released a relieved laugh and engulfed him in a hug as Ron and the twins began cheering. "I knew it!" Ron yelled, punching the air. "You always get away with stuff!" Hermione nodded while rubbing her forehead. "They were bound to clear you. There was no case against you, none at all..."

"Everyone seems quite relieved, though, considering they all knew I'd get off," Harry said teasingly with a smile. Ophelia swatted his chest lightly as she wrapped her arms around his torso from the side. Harry leaned down and pressed a kiss to the side of her forehead and squeezed her closer. George, Fred, and Ginny began jumping around in some sort of dance. "He got off, he got off, he got off—" They chanted until Molly shouted though she was smiling. "That's enough, settle down!" The trio quickly stopped and shared the same wide-eyed innocent look.

"Listen, Sirius, Lucius Malfoy was at the Ministry—" Harry began now looking over at Sirius who stood up from his seat. "What?" He asked sharply. "Yes, we saw him talking to Fudge on level nine, then they went up to Fudge's office together. Dumbledore ought to know." Arthur explained. "Absolutely," said Sirius. "We'll tell him, don't worry." Arthur nodded and then turned towards Molly. "Well, I'd better get going, there's a vomiting toilet in Bethnal Green waiting for me. Molly, I'll be late, I'm covering for Tonks, but Kingsley might be dropping in for dinner—"

Arthur was cut off by Fred, George, and Ginny chanting again. "He got off, he got off, he got off—" Molly shook her head exasperatedly. "That's enough—Fred—George—Ginny!" The short woman then turned and smiled sweetly towards Harry. "Harry dear, come and sit down, have some lunch, you hardly ate breakfast..." Harry nodded and slipped his hand into Ophelias as they entered the kitchen and sat beside each other with Ron and Hermione across from them.

" 'Course, once Dumbledore turned up on your side, there was no way they were going to convict you." Ron said happily, now dishing great mounds of mashed potatoes onto everyone's plates. "Yeah, he swung it for me," said Harry. He then suddenly slapped his hand to his forehead and over his scar as he winced in pain. Ophelia rubbed his arm sympathetically. "What's wrong?" Hermione questioned, looking alarmed. Harry shook his head "Scar." He mumbled. "But it's nothing....It happens all the time now...."

Ophelia shook her head with a soft frown. "I still think you should talk to Dumbledore about it when we get back to Hogwarts." Harry shook his head, brushing it off. "It's always happened, Love. Nothing new." Ophelia gave him a pointed look. "Just promise me you'll go to Dumbledore if it gets worse." Harry sighed silently knowing she wouldn't stop till he agreed. "I promise." Ophelia smiled softly in content and happily took a bite of her sandwich.