[36] He's Back

[Outfit Above]

Only moments before the task was about to start Ophelia had gone down to see Harry, the small brunette was nervous as can be but nowhere near as much as Harry

Only moments before the task was about to start Ophelia had gone down to see Harry, the small brunette was nervous as can be but nowhere near as much as Harry. Ophelia jumped onto Harry, wrapping her arms around his neck and burying her face into his shoulder. Harry wrapped his arms tightly around her but remained careful not to squish her. "Please come back to me." Ophelia whispered worriedly.

"Hey...Phe." Harry pulled away and looked down at the fearful girl. "I'll be alright. Don't worry." Ophelia tilted her head and gave him a pointed look. "I've worried about you since we've met. You have quite a way of getting into trouble." Harry scoffed playfully. "You're one to talk." Ophelia rolled her eyes knowing he was referring to how in their first year she got trapped in the bathroom with Hermione and was petrified their second year.

The two of them stayed quiet for a moment yet Harry's mind was racing. They both knew how they felt about each other, Harry had been going over what he wanted to ask her for days since they almost kissed. "Phe..would you-" Harry was cut off by the sound of a booming voice calling all of the champions down to the front of the maze. "No.." Harry muttered frustratedly. He wanted to ask her while he had the chance and built up the courage but that was clearly ruined.

"It's okay Har...I'll see you after." Ophelia turned around about to walk towards the stands before pushing through her nerves and spinning back towards him. She wrapped her arms around him once more and kissed his cheek before forcing herself to turn away and leave. Harry stood stunned for a moment, shocked at what just happened. Ophelia was internally squealing at what she just did, she was excited and shocked that she actually did it all in one. Even though it was only a kiss on the cheek it still surprised both of them.

Ophelia kept walking up the small hill towards the stands only to have two arms wrap around her, one around her was picking her up and pulling her away and the other covering her mouth so her screams were muffled.

꧁꧂

Ophelia's eyes squinted at the bright light that flashed in front of her and the death eaters that surrounded her keeping her hostage. The light quickly went away and revealed she was now in a cemetery and in front of her was Voldemort in the fresh. Ophelia paled as a shaky breath left her lips, her eyes flickered over to where Harry was trapped by a statue and then to a body on the ground. "No..." She whimpered at the sight of a wide-eyed and frozen Cedric.

"Welcome my friends. Thirteen years it's been, and yet you stand before me as though it were only yesterday. I confess myself disappointed, not one of you tried to find me." Voldemort began to rip the skull masks off of the black-clad death eaters and soon turned towards the one who stood to the side of me holding onto one of my arms and his wand to my throat. "Not even you, Lucius."

"My lord. Had I detected any sign or even a whisper of your whereabouts." Lucius began to say lowly as he bowed his head. "There were signs my friend, and more than whispers." Voldemort countered. Lucius pulled off his black hat. "I assure you I never renounced the old ways. The face I have been obliged to present each day since your absence, that was my true mask." Wormtail slowly raised his hand the smallest bit as he walked forward. "I returned."