[41] The Order

Ophelia smiled over at Ron as a thank you, the redhead nodded slightly as he attempted to hide a small smile

Ophelia smiled over at Ron as a thank you, the redhead nodded slightly as he attempted to hide a small smile. Suddenly two other people apparated into the room shocking Harry and Ron while both Hermione and Ophelia were expecting it at some point. Fred tossed an arm over Ophelia's shoulders as both he and George landed on the bed between her and Harry. "Harry. Thought we heard your dulcet tones." George said. "Don't bottle it up, though, mate. Let it out." Fred added before he split into a grin.

"If you're all done shouting..." Fred trailed off. "Do you wanna hear something a little more interesting?" George finished, both of them sporting wide grins. Fred pulled something out of his pocket. "Extendable ears. Finally perfected them." Ron looked at the ears warily. "What do they do?"

"What do they do?" George repeated with a scoff. "Oh, ickleRonniekins you have no imagination." He teased the second youngest redhead. "The only one of us allowed into even one Order meeting is Little Lupin." Fred ruffled Ophelia's hair at George's words. "But of course they don't talk about anything overly important when she's there cause they know she'll tell us." The twins lead all of them out of the room and against the wooden railing where they all lined up to eavesdrop on the meeting.

"If anyone has a right to know, it's Harry. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't even know Voldemort was back." Sirius voiced strongly. "He's not a child, Molly!" Molly shook her head with a huff. "He's not an adult either. He's not James, Sirius." Sirius scoffed. "He's not your son."

"He's as good as." Molly argued. "Who else has he got?" Ginny then joined the group, she gave Ophelia a quick hug before she leaned over the railing along with her. "He's got me!" Sirius yelled. "How touching and paternal, Black." Snape drawled. "Perhaps Potter will grow up to be a felon, just like his godfather." Remus sighed heavily. "Severus, please"

Sirius pointed at Snape with a low growl. "Now you stay out of this, Snivellus." He warned. Harry looked up in shock. "Snape's part of the Order?" He whispered. Ophelia nodded with a silent sigh. "Dad and Uncle Sirius are not happy about it" Ron rolled his eyes. "Git." He muttered shortly. "I don't care what Dumbledore says about your supposed reformation. I know better."

"Why don't you tell him? Or are you afraid he won't take serious the word of a man hiding in his mother's house?" Snape retorted as Crookshanks, Hermione's cat walked down the hall on the bottom floor and began to play with the Extendable Ear. "No Crookshanks no!" Everyone started to frantically whisper trying to get the orange cat to leave it alone.

Crookshanks tugged on the ear soon pulling it down and playing with it. "Hermione, I hate your cat." Ron deadpanned. "Bad Crookshanks!" Hermione scolded her cat who meowed in response. Fred pulled up the remaining string from the Extendable Ears and hid it before the seven of them walked down the stairs for dinner. "Well, we'll be eating down in the kitchen." Molly told them with a smile as she came around the corner. Fred and George then apparated down on either side of her making her jump.