[16] Back to the Past

[Outfit Above]

Dumbledore rubbed his thumb and pointer finger together as he spoke "Three turns should do it Miss Lupin

Dumbledore rubbed his thumb and pointer finger together as he spoke "Three turns should do it Miss Lupin." The grey haired professor swiftly turned around and walked towards the exit but not without pausing in his spot to face us between the partially open doors. "Oh, when in doubt I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck." With that final parting he shut the doors of the hospital wing leaving the four of us behind.

Ron's eyes widened in blatant confusion "What in bloody hell was all that about?" I turned in my lip sympathetically as I faced him "Sorry Ron" The red head frowned at my apology with complexity. "Seeing as you can't walk your going to stay here" Hermione explained as I pulled my own time turner from around my neck and loosened the chain so I could wrap it around the three of us.

The clock continued to chime around us as I started to carefully turn the small dial three times, only reaching two Harry reached out to touch it but I swatted his hand lightly. "Don't touch" I turned it the final time and watched as everything around the three of us changed. We could see people and things moving at a fast pace until we were back to an empty wing.

I removed the chain from around us and fastned it back around my neck only as Harry looked around us frantically trying to spot his ginger best friend. "What just happened? Where's Ron?" Hermione and I both ignored Harry's questions and instead looked up to the clock "Seven-thirty." She looked to her right at me questioning "Where were we at seven-thirty?" I knitted my brows thinking in silence for a moment before it clicked. "On our way to Hagrids"

Hermione nodded and started towards the doors "Come on!" I grabbed Harry's hand bringing his attention back to now "We can't be seen" Harry frowned not understanding my quiet urgency but let me pull him with me anyways. The two of us followed a frantic Hermione through the castle and out towards the sundial garden where I had punched Draco earlier.

Harry pulled himself to a stop bhind Hermione and I and ]dropped his arms at his sides exasperatedly "Ophelia! Hermione!" He looked back and forth between the bushy brunette and I "Will you please tell me what it is we're doing?!" Hermione's eyes widened in fear at his shouting, I quickly silenced him by removing my hand from his and using it to cover his mouth gently.

I nodded my head towards the wall signaling him to be quiet before I lowered my hand and peeked out from behind the stone looking down at our past selves. I could feel both Harry and Hermione looking over my shoulders "But that...that's...us. This is not...normal." I glanced back at Harry with raised eyebrows. "We go to a magical school Harry this is normal" I fully turned towards him and pulled out my time turner to hold it up so he could see it. "This is called a Time-Turner. It was my mom's"

Hermione held up hers "McGonagall gave it to me first term. This is how I've been getting to my lessons all year." Harry rose a brow skeptically "You mean, we've gone back in time?" Hermione huffed with a slight roll of her eyes before answering his dumbfounded question. "Yes. Dumbledore wanted us to return to this moment. Clearly something happened he wants us to change."

I squinted my eyes in thought "Maybe he wanted us to..." I trailed off and walked around until I stood in front of both my friends who watched me expectantly "That's it!" I turned towards them my eyes wide. "He wants us to save Sirius" From around the wall a loud smack could be heard, I spun around and looked from behind the stones down at my past self after punching Draco. "Good punch." Harry grinned in admiration which brought a light blush to my cheeks.

"Thanks" I said as the sides of my lips twitched "Quick!" Hermione rushed as she pulled Harry and I back out of sight from Draco and his goons as he marched past us while muttering hexes under his breath. Once they were completely gone Harry emerged from the shadows with Hermione and I in tow. "Look. Buckbeak's still alive." I followed Harry's hand down to Hagrid's pumpkin patch and my jaw dropped.

"Of course!" I looked back at Hermione and Harry as I spoke "Remember what Dumbledore said. If we succeed, more than one innocent life could be spared." Harry frowned not understanding "Buckbeak? But... how will saving Buckbeak help Sirius?" Hermione shrugged nervously "We'll see." The three of us sneakily walked down the hill and over towards the pumpkins where we crouched down behind them completely hidden.

I peered into the windows of Hagrid's hut and grinned at Ron and Hermione's awkward hug, I glanced over my shoulder and saw the girl already watching the same encounter. Her eyes found mine and she squinted "What?" I pursed my lips hiding my smirk and smiled innocently "Nothing"

"Here they come. I better hurry." Harry said from behind me before he started to rise on his feet about to run off. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. "No! Fudge has to see Buckbeak before we steal him." Hermione nodded as she added on. "Otherwise, he'll think Hagrid set him free." Harry released a breath but nodded nonetheless and we all looked back at Hagrids.

When we look back we can see Hagrid handing Scabbers back to Ron. "That's Pettigrew" Harry started to get up again but Hermione fiercely pulled him back. "No, Harry! You can't!" Harry looked at her with as much force "Hermione, that's the man who betrayed my parents! You don't expect me to just sit here..." I looked at him sympathetically. "You have to Harry." I glanced back at the hut over my shoulder for a second before facing him again.

"Right now you're in Hagrid's hut. If you go in you will think you've gone mad. Awful things can happen when wizards meddle with time. We can't be seen." Harry's lips thinned into a tight line at my warning clearly not happy.

-

-

-

-

-

I am so sorry that this is late y'all there has been a lot going on in my school and community right now not to mention at home.
I have a half day today and next Monday due to the virus so my school can plan if we have to close. During that time I hope to be able to update my other stories as well.
Until next time
~ A