[12] Rhythmic Timing

[Outfit above]

The next day in divination I sat in between Harry and a snoring Ron while Hermione sat on the red heads other side

The next day in divination I sat in between Harry and a snoring Ron while Hermione sat on the red heads other side. "Crystal-gazing requires that you clear the Inner Eye. Only then, will you... See." Professor Trelawney stopped in front of our table and crouched down "Oh my, what do we have here...?" As Trelawney eyes the crystal, Hermione rolls her eyes and fakes a giggle. "Do you mind me trying?" Professor Trelawney smiled widely but it disappeared at Hermione's words. "The Grim, possibly"

Professor Trelawney leaned closer to hermione "My dear, from the moment you first arrived in my class, I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of Divination." She picked up Hermione's hand and started to brush her fingers over her palm. "You may be young in years, but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid's, your soul as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave."

She folded Hermione's hand closed and patted it, Hermione looked at her taken aback and was attempting to form words but couldn't. She stood up from the table and knocked the crystal ball off sending it rolling down to the doorway with her following it. Professor Trelawney looked back to Harry, Ron and I "Have said something?" The three of us stayed quiet which invited Trelawney to leave our table and go to another's for the rest of the class.

-

-

-

I had been following Harry and Ron down the hallway when I spotted the crystal ball Hermione knocked off. I carefully picked it up and turned back to the boys "I'm going to bring this back" Ron nodded while Harry walked towards me "I'll go with you" I smiled as a thank you and the two of us made our way back to the divination room. I set the ball back onto our table where we had been not long ago and turned to leave when I saw the ball darken.

"Harry..." I looked over my shoulder at him inviting him to come closer and see the ball, I looked back towards the crystal now faintly seeing the face of Sirius Black through the glass. Out of nowhere a hand grabbed onto my arm causing me to jump back against Harry's chest as we both followed the arm that lead to a wheezing Trelawney. "Professor.." I breathed out after just being startled.

"He will return tonight...." Harry carefully pulled her hand off my arm at her eerie words and pushed me partially behind him. "S-sorry?" He stuttered nervously at the blank eyed professor "Tonight, when the clock strikes twelve, the servant shall break free. He and his Master shall be reunited. It cannot be prevented." She smiled savagely at the two of us before her head fell forward for a moment and then she raised it and her eyes fell back onto mine and Harry's tense bodies.

"So sorry, dears. Did either of you say something?" Her voice was back to normal no longer dark and haunting, I shook my head as Harry slipped past her and pulled me with him by the hand "No. Nothing." The two of us fled the room and down the stairs even more thankful that it was our last class for the day. We returned to our common room to change and to find Hermione and Ron so we could go see Hagrid before he executed Buckbeak.