[38] Questions

Hours later, early in the morning both Ophelia and Harry had woken up from a dreamless sleep thanks to a potion from Madam Pomfrey

Hours later, early in the morning both Ophelia and Harry had woken up from a dreamless sleep thanks to a potion from Madam Pomfrey. Ophelia looked down at the shaggy blag dog that sat in between her and Harry's beds. She smiled weakly and reached a hand out petting him before Dumbledore began speaking again. "And now" He said. "It is time for two of our number to recognize each other for what they are. Sirius...if you could resume your usual form." Sirius looked up at him from his do form and then changed back into a man.

Mrs. Weasley screamed and leaped back from Harry's bed. "Sirius Black!" she shrieked, pointing at him. "Mum, shut up!" Ron yelled. "It's alright Molly" Remus soothed from his place next to Ophelia on her bed. Snape had not yelled or jumped, but the look on his face was one of mingled fury and horror. "Him!" He snarled, staring at Sirius, whose face showed equal dislike. "What is he doing here?"

"He is here at my invitation," Dumbledore stated, looking between them, "As are you, Severus. I trust you both. It is time for you to lay aside your old differences and trust each other." Ophelia remained silent but rose a perfectly arched brow as she reached out for Sirius's hand. Sirius's heated stare was broken as he looked down at the smaller hand now enclasped in his, he smiled softly as he remembered Sage. How she would do the same thing for him, the smallest thing that always calmed him and reminded him that she was there.

"I will settle, in the short term, I have work for each of you." Dumbledore spoke, looking at both Sirius and Snape. "Fudge's attitude, though not unexpected, changes everything. Sirius, I need you to set off at once. You are to alert Arabella Figg, Mundungus Fletcher-the old crowd. Lie low at Remus's for a while; I will contact you there."

"But-" Harry began to argue. "You'll see me very soon, Harry." said Sirius, turning to him. "I promise you. But I must do what I can, you understand, don't you?" Harry nodded with a sigh. "Yeah. Yeah...of course I do." Sirius grasped his hand in his open on. "You can visit." Ophelia told Harry. "Can't he dad?" She asked, now looking up at Remus who shared a glance with dumbledore who shook his head secretly. Not wanting to break her hope anymore Remus nodded slightly and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "We'll see sweetheart."

Sirius nodded to Dumbledore and transformed again into the black dog, and ran the length of the room to the door, whose handle he turned with a paw and left. "Severus," Called Dumbledore, turning to Snape, "You know what I must ask you to do. If you are ready...if you are prepared..." Snape nodded. "I am." He looked paler than usual, and his cold eyes glittered.

"Then good luck." said Dumbledore, and he watched, with a trace of apprehension on his face, as Snape swept wordlessly after Sirius.

It was several minutes before Dumbledore spoke again. "I must go downstairs," He said finally. "I must see the Diggory's. Harry, Ophelia, take the rest of your potions. I will see all of you later." Dumbledore then left the hospital wing leaving them all in silence for a long time until Mrs. Weasley broke it. "You've got to take the rest of your potion, Harry," Mrs. Weasley said at last. Her hand nudged the sack of gold on his bedside cabinet as she reached for the bottle and the goblet. "You have a good long sleep. Try and think about something else for a while...think about what you're going to buy with your winnings!"

"I don't want that gold," Harry said in an expressionless voice. "You have it. Anyone can have it. I shouldn't have won it. It should've been Cedric's." Ophelia watched as Harry blinked back tears trying to put up this strong front in front of them all. "It wasn't your fault, Harry," Mrs. Weasley whispered. Harry shook his head disagreeing with her. "I told him to take the cup with me" Harry swallowed thickly and he wished Ron and the others would look away from him. Mrs. Weasley sensed his hidden tears and set both his and Ophelia's potions down on the cabinet between them before enveloping him in a hug.

The two broke apart and Mrs. Weasley used the back of her hand to wipe away her tears. "Your potion, Harry," She said as she handed him the small cup while Remus handed Ophelia hers. Both of them took the potion in one gulp thankful that it had a better taste than most. Ophelia leaned back on the bed and curdled into Remus's side as her mind went into a deep sleep like before.

꧁꧂

A month later, both Ophelia and Harry were cleared to leave the hospital wing but by that time the school year was over. It was their final week there and everyone was readying to go home. Hermione and Ron had told them that Dumbledore had spoken to the whole school that morning in breakfast. Dumbledore had requested that everyone leave Ophelia and Harry alone, that no one asks them questions or for the story of what happened in the maze.

"Mum went to ask him if you could come straight to us this summer." Ron explained. "But he wants you to go back to the Dursleys, at least at first." Harry frowned deeply. "Why?" He asked. "She said Dumbledore's got his reasons," Ron said, shaking his head darkly. "I suppose we've got to trust him, haven't we?" Harry nodded sadly.

It wasn't long before Ophelia and he were left alone in the common room once again, both Hermione and Ron had gone up to bed after Harry and Ophelia finished eating their dinner. Nervously Ophelia looked over at Harry and saw him staring off into the fire, her mind filled with questions about what he wanted to ask her before the task began. "Harry.." She began as she looked at him from her place on the floor across from him. Harry snapped out of his daze and looked over at her, their eyes meeting.

"Before you were sent into the maze you were going to ask me something...what was it?" Harry shook his head and ran a hand through his messy hair. "Forget it, I was crazy to even think about it." Ophelia tilted her head and took one of his hands in hers like always. "No what was it?" Harry looked down and focused on their hands for a moment before looking up at her. "I was going to ask you...to be my girlfriend.."

Ophelia stared at him in utter shock. "But of-of course you can say no. I-I mean-" Harry was cut off by Ophelia moving closer and pressing her lips softly against his. Harry froze with wide eyes before he kissed her back. The two teens pulled away and broke into smiles, Ophelia entwined her fingers in Harry's. "I would love to be your girlfriend Harry."

꧁꧂

Ahhhh that happened!! This part is almost done and I am both excited yet nervous for the next one. Tell me what you guys thought of this and what are some things you'd like to see coming?

Xoxo
- A

Xoxo - A