[11] Sentencing Buckbeak

[Outfit Above]

We trudged down the slopey hills towards Hagrids in attempt to find him, I groaned on the inside as Ron continued complaining about Scabbers

We trudged down the slopey hills towards Hagrids in attempt to find him, I groaned on the inside as Ron continued complaining about Scabbers. "I find it astonishing that someone who prides herself on being so logical can be in such denial." Hermione rolled her eyes and looked past me toward Harry as we kept going "Harry. Will you explain to your friend Ronald that he has absolutely no proof whatsoever that my sweet, unassuming cat ate his shabby, decidedly decrepit rat."

"Harry was there! He'll tell you how it was. Go on, Harry, tell her." I looked back and forth from the two until my eyes finally landed on Harry who seemed to have bursted. "No, I won't. Know why? Because I don't care about your stupid rat! I don't care about your stupid cat! I've got a few other things on my mind right now!" Ron scoffed.

"Really? Wasn't you had to roll under the bed last night to avoid getting cut to ribbons! A person could die being your friend, Harry!" I gasped loudly and halted, Hermione did the same and we both looked at Ron in a mix of shock and horror. "Ron!" I scolded him immediately, his eyes widened when he realized what he said and he looked at Harry who was avoiding everyone's eyes.

I took Harry's hand in mine and intertwined our fingers, I gently tugged on his hand telling him to come with me and we started walking again. "Ron's just being a foul git. Ignore him" I assured the raven haired boy who had tightened his grip on my hand. He kept quiet until we reached Hagrid who had been skipping rocks in the black lake. He turned to look at the four of us over his shoulder and she briefly got sight of his red eyes.

"How'd it go, Hagrid?" Hermione asked softly and I noticed Hagrid nod slightly as he spoke "Buckbeak liked London." I pursed my lips "I think she meant the hearing..." Hagrid nodded once "Oh. That. Well, I got up an' said my bit-You know, how Buckbeak was a good Hippogriff an' as long as yeh treated 'im with respect, he'd treat you the same. Then Lucius Malfoy got up an' said his bit-you know, how Buckbeak was a deadly dangerous beast that no teacher in their righ' mind would expose their students to..."

I frowned, having an idea of what the turnout was "And...?" Hagrid threw another rock into the water, next to me Hermione sighed sadly. "You mustn't blame yourself, Hagrid." Ron crossed his arms disgruntledly. "Draco. It's him the Committee should punish. It's him they should send off to the forest, not Buckbeak." Hagrid shook his head somberly.

"Buckbeak's not going back to the forest..." I furrowed my brows "Then...where is he going, Hagrid?" Hagrid turned around facing us "He asked fer the worse, yeh see, Lucius Malfoy did. An' the Committee granted it. Buckbeak's bin sentenced ter death." I covered my mouth with my hand quieting my gasp.

"Oh Hagrid...is there anything we can do?" Hagrid hung his head at my question and sniffled "I'm 'fraid not 'phelia" He looked up towards the darkening skies "You four better get inside, it's gettin' dark" Each of us nodded slowly and turned away from the tall burly man and started back towards the castle and to Gryffindor house. Hermione went to our room to change and head to bed but I couldn't sleep. I slid on some shoes and quietly crept down the stairs to the common room where I curled up on the couch in front of the fire with a book.