Chapter 24

New York

His heart thundered in his ears, he loved chasing. His prey was close, afraid - as it should be. The prey did things, bad things that even he wouldn't do. The prey got tried, it got off as innocent. The trial was corrupted, giving into money rather than justice. Even if he did feel bad for the girl, she would now get justice. And they would get a message. They might finally understand. The prey ran into an alley, good. He swung into the alley fluidly, landing silently. It called the police, hurrying to get out all of the information. A slight nod of his head made the phone call disconnect suddenly.

It feared him. He jumped down, letting out a thump from the ground below. The prey flinched, walking into a corner, hoping to God he would get saved. He wouldn't save him, he didn't deserve it.

"Done hiding, Brandon Warren." The prey's predator growled out. It whimpered in fear, looking for a way out, a weapon, something.

"P-please do-don't hurt m-me." The prey whimpered again. He deserves it.

The predator chuckled an empty laugh, freezing the prey in its tracks. "Ava screamed that to you when you raped and murdered her. You didn't stop then, why should I now?" The predator stalked closer to the prey. "What about Holly or Ayesha?"

"I-I didn't mean to! I swear, m-my friends told me to!" It yelled in fear, falling down in its haste to back away.

"That's not what I saw on the recordings. You were laughing at them! You'll get what you deserve. Enjoy the pain"

———————————————

Police Site in alley

"Captain, the body was found like this, we still are trying to find out who it is. Chief Johnson alerted the Avengers about the message but we have no clue if they'll listen. I sure as hell would." Lieutenant Smith as they walked towards the mutilated body. The police had quickly put up a tent at the front of the alley to hide the corpse from passer-bys. They didn't want citizens to see the corpse or reporters to take pictures of it to make an article about how police weren't doing their job well enough.

"We'll just have to hope that they will listen - if they don't the killer will probably make a bigger and bigger scene until they'll get noticed by them. Pray to god that that won't happen." The two police officers stopped before the corpse, it was truly a horrific scene. The probable male had small cuts on his face, his eyes wide open in fear, forever looking at his killer. The torso had the most stabs and cuts - it looked like that the killer was making as painful as possible for him. His legs had cuts running from his hips to his feet. Captain Davis was glad he worked as long as he did in the police field, otherwise he would've thrown up. He sighed and looked around for the message, finding above the trash cans where the body was carelessly thrown.

'Avengers, how could you be possibly so good
When you lost people dearly close to you
And didn't even try to look for them
Or grieve for them
They'll find out and won't be on you side
~Mamushi'

"Well, shit. What do they mean?"

A/N Hey loves! I hope you like the implied murder scene that I made! Thanks to those who made suggestions and of what to do! Hopefully there'll be a longer chapter next Monday! Thank you for getting me to 1k votes and 31k read! Anyway, have a calm morning or evening wherever you may be.