Chapter 39

Clints Floor

"Clint!!" A voice called out making the man in question reach for his knife in his arm sheath, baring it at the offender. Fully waking up, he saw Romanoff staring at him with shock. "You... haven't done that in a while." She said cautiously.

Welp, he had to lie. Like always. "Sorry, I didn't get too much sleep." He murmured, putting his knife back on its sheath. Clint stretched his arms above his head and yawned.

Romanoff rolled her eyes at the show of tiredness. "We wanted to talk to you about the article that was released yesterday afternoon." She turned on her heel and left for the elevator without waiting for Clint.

He waited until the elevator doors shut before he let down his mask. Sighing in annoyance, Clint roughly rubbed his hands over his face. He would have to talk to people who he really didn't like. Clint grabbed his shoes and put them on, slowly walking to the elevator. Once in, he asked JARVIS to take him to the main floor.

Rogers and Stark sat somewhat close to each other on the couch; Loki and Thor were in the kitchen, talking softly; and Romanoff sat on a loveseat, staring intently at Clint. He made his way to where the Norse brothers were talking to get a cold water bottle from the fridge.

"Clint, we want to talk about who you and Thor were talking to." Stark said to the two blondes in the kitchen.

His mind ran through many possible lies before it stopped on one. "He was an old friend I met a while back and when Thor and I went to the cafe, I saw him and decided to talk to him."

Romanoff hummed at his explanation then said, "You should bring him over for dinner so we can meet him. It'd be nice to meet some of your old friends."

Clint nodded his head, looking calm while on the inside he was panicking. "Let me text him and I'll see what he says." He grabbed his phone out of his pocket, quickly texting Peter what just happened. Thor patted the seat next to him and Clin gratefully took the seat. His phone vibrated with a message.

Peter: i guess i'll have to go. They wont stop bugging you until i do and you know that

Peter: this friday at 730 is good for me

The blonde man sighed before speaking, "This Friday at 7:30 good for everyone?" The Avengers nodded after checking their schedules. Clint was about to speak when Patrick Codicia stepped out of the elevator. His red hair was windswept with his muddy brown eyes wide open. He was, unsurprisingly, tanned from working outside often in his hero suit. Though he did more harm than good when fighting villains.

"What's happening?" The bratty child asked. He walked over to where the two fuck buddies were sitting and sat to the right of Stark.

Romanoff immediately responded, "One of Clint's old friends is coming over this Friday so we can meet him."

Clint turned away to roll his eyes at the implication. She wanted Codicia to be at the dinner with them. He sent a quick text informing Peter that the date was set and that Codicia was going to be there.

This was going to be... fun.

A/N Hey loves! Thanks to those who commented on what they wanted to see. Blatant promotion to one of my books in my profile - go comment some suggestions on my one shot book! Anyways have a lovely day or night.