Chapter 30

Avengers Tower

"Sir, Chief Johnson from the New York Police is trying to get in touch to the Avengers, would you like to answer them? It seems quite important." JARVIS interrupted Tony Stark after his... fun with Steve Rogers.

"Yeah, sure." Tony said, leaning back on his headboard. His eyes tracked Steve's body as he went around his room, picking up his clothes.

"Hello! This is Chief Johnson from the police station in New York, I think you or one of the other Avengers might want to come by. If not, we can send pictures. Something happened, which is addressed to you." A voice came from the speakers, sounding worried.

"One of us will be there around two this afternoon." Tony lazily said.

"Ok, goodbye Mr. Stark." The chief said, ending the phone call.

"We can get Barton to go see what's the big deal." Tony finally moved, grabbing his pants from the floor.

"Yeah, I'll go tell him." Steve slipped his shirt on before grabbing his belt on the chair.

"8 o'clock sound good?"

"Yeah, I'll be there."

———————————————

2:15 P.M., Crime Scene

"When are they gonna get here? It's just been fifteen minutes." One of the officers complained to their chief.

"Traffic was a bitch. But I'm here now, so! What happened?" Clint asked, popping up behind the officer who complained.

The officer yelped, jumping forward to the chief.

"Afternoon, Hawkeye. Sorry for Officer Novak, he's quite new to this. If you could follow me, I'll show you what made this call so important." Chief Johnson said, gesturing Hawkeye to follow him. He followed the chief into the alley where some cops were looking for evidence or cleaning up the scene.

"Gruesome." Clint commented upon seeing the dried blood soaked on the ground.

"It was worse before." He sighed, pointing to the words on the wall. "Here's what we called you here for."

Above some trash cans where most of the dried blood was a message, assumingly in the victim's blood.

'Avengers, how could you be possibly so good
when you lost people dearly close to you
and didn't even try to look for them
or grieve for them
They'll find out and won't be on your side
-Mamushi'

As he read the message again, he couldn't but help think, 'Avengers will be in deep shit once this goes public. Peter probably wanted this, didn't he. Oh well, it was bound to come.'

A/N Hey loves! I hope you like this chapter! Sorry it's a bit late, I had work to do. I do know what I'm doing for the next chapter so it might be longer! Stay safe, loves, and wear masks!