Chapter 36

The quiet cafe

"Question." Loki said to the vigilante. The brown eyed man nodded his head. "What happened in the years we were gone?" His question asked, he observed both Clint and Peter. The archer's eyes looked downcast while Peter's eyes hardened.

"I... suppose you should know." Peter took a deep breath before starting his story, "When you first left about four years ago, everything was okay. Well not really but we were ignorant about everything. Months later Stark got an actual intern - Patrick Codicia. First Stark got caught up with Codicia then the Avengers did. I soon got left out and forgotten in replace of a legal intern. Then the new hero Dynamo got popular enough that people ignored Spider-Man and called him a criminal." He took a pause to take a sip. "I then learned a lot of stuff like, languages, hacking, engineering, lying, etc. I really don't feel like saying all of them but you get the gist. I want to take down Avengers. I want to show the world who the Avengers really are."

"They-" Clint cleared his throat, "they messed with my memories. Made me forget who I was and who they actually were." Peter patted Clint's shoulder comfortingly. "I forgot who I was and who Peter was. I will never forgive them for what they did."

They... did what?! Loki's eyes narrowed in anger, glaring at the wall opposite him. They did the same thing to Clint like Thanos did to him. Then they ignored a boy that looked up to them and helped them protect the world. Feeling a slight pain in both of his palms, he looked down to see his hands gripped into fists. Releasing his fists, he leaned back into his chair. Loki saw his brother stare blankly into a wall, mouth set in a thin line.

"Well," Thor said, startling the table sitting in silence. "At least we know the truth young Peter."

Peter rubbed his forehead, "Yeah, but what are you going to do now? Are you going to act like Clint and don't let them get suspicious?"

The brothers looked at each other and nodded. "We'll stand with you once you're ready to show the world."

Peter gave a soft smile to the princes and said, "Thank you."

"Thor! Hawkeye!" An excited voice yelled next to them. Thor, Clint, and Loki (in disguise) turned to the fan while Peter laid his head down on the table. Thor put on a smile and greeted the person. The fan asked for an autograph from both known Avengers. Peter groaned and lifted his head up, freezing when he saw the fan.

"Mr. Lyson?" Micah exclaimed in confusion.

The other occupants of the table turned to him in amusement. "Hey kid. Funny seeing you here."

Hey loves! So sorry this is so late - I completely forgot what day it was.  I'm going to unashamedly promote my one shot book - go check it out and please give me some prompts! I'm also going to say go check out Jared Halleys songs and covers on YouTube, he does acapella and it's so good! Anyways stay safe and don't go out unless you need stuff. Don't be stupid please.