Chapter 26

10 minutes later

Peter once again looked up when the door opened and barely caught the yell of excitement that he wanted to let out. Clint looked around to find Peter and found him in the corner taking up the two chairs that were on his side of the table. Clint quickly walked to Peter's table, giving him a hug before sitting down on the opposite side.

"It's good to see you." Clint said as he took a sip of his coffee that Peter must have got him.

"Yeah, you too." There was an awkward pause as they looked around the cafe. "So, uh, I had an... eventful week. You?" Peter asked, leaning back into his chair.

"Not really, surprisingly. Other than having to deal with the Avengers." Clint sighed, rubbing his temples.

They stared at each other until Peter started to talk, "So I'm guessing that you know who Harley is." He waited until Clint nodded his head before continuing, "Before I go any farther, I'll have to give you a backstory. So it started when we were leaving and Stark caught us. This boy, Micah, took a picture of us and posted it on Tumblr. It didn't get too many notes, only 20 something. He and a few other people theorized why I looked like I was done with everything and why you looked pissed off. Oh, yeah! And why you had a 'weird' expression during the broadcast."

"Yeah, I remember responding to that post." Clint said, shifting to get more comfortable.

"That's who I thought it was. Anyway! I found out who posted the picture and went to his school. It isn't as creepy as it sounds, I promise. This kid Luava sort of protects him against his bullies. When I got to his school I found out that his son is one of his bullies. I was in the hall and defended him from the son and his crew. I actually watched the classes that I was in. Then I had Millers class. What a shitshow, honestly. The next day I went back to the school and there he was. F'ing Harley." He sighed, rubbing his face. "Since I had to keep my identity I choose another, Dionysus Lyson. He at first I was myself, Peter. But then he caught on, thank god. After that painstakingly slow moment it was after lunch. That's where the... big moment, I guess, happened. Miller 'fucked'," he put hand quotation marks up, "underage students for them to get a better grade, but only if they submitted to his every wish. The prison he's going to does not tolerate children being rape under any circumstances. A couple minutes after lunch is when the police came. They told the principal and went to get Miller. As soon as he saw me standing there, he somehow knew that I was the one told the police. I mean, he was right, but anyway. He charged at me but I dodged him and clotheslined him at the last moment."

Clint started laughing, quietly at first but then loudly. Peter couldn't help but join in. They leaned on the table trying to catch their breaths and stop laughing. Their laughs turned into giggles and slowly died out. The warm feeling they had left smiles on their faces.

Peter checked the time to see it was 2 P.M. and his eyebrows raised in shock. "We've been here for over an hour, you know. I've gotta get back to work, sadly."

"We'll have to meet together soon. Maybe we could go to the zoo or something?" Clint suggested, standing up with Peter. They met in front of the table, briefly hugging.

"We could! But we'll have to make sure we're both free and if something comes up that day, tell the other, ok?" Peter left the money that covered their drinks on the table as they were talking.

"Yeah. Bye, Peter." They left in separate directions once they got out the door.

Now time to text Harley.

A/N Hey loves! Here's a longer chapter! Sorry, by the way, for the late update - I didn't have much time to work over the weekend so I had to slightly rush to finish this chapter which turned out longer than expected. I hope you all like this chapter! Also, I'm sorry if I don't respond to one of your comments, Wattpad doesn't give me all notifications so I usually don't see them until I'm in Wattpad. If you have any suggestions of what you want to see next, don't be scared to comment! Anyways, have a beautiful morning or evening wherever you may be!
Edit: fixed a mistake