:.Asset.:

(Between the animation project and comic that I am working on, I really don't have the best sleep schedule. Fortunately, I happen to be an insomniac. Aha, how many people claim that as a fortunate trait? Anyway. Just wanted to let you guys know that this story might have a few errors... but I will try to fix them as soon as I can! Enjoy~)

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

Eight hours have passed into the next day and I was still sitting here, trying to do this puzzle. The font was completely foreign to me. I honestly had absolutely no idea how to read it... 

"Wow, uh. You're still on that?" Snapping my (E/c) up to stare at Sans who magically appeared in his chair, I offered him nothing but silence. Unfortunately, my determination was not enough to pull me through this. "You must be the dumbest human that I've ever met. A child could do that puzzle."

Since I was ignoring him out of... slight embarrassment. Sans decided to be somewhat friendly by giving me some advice. Advice that I really couldn't do anything with. "The first one spells 'You'."

Again, I shot him a glare. I knew that If I didn't complete this soon, he would forever look down on me. So instead, I decided to pretend to write in the answer. "Oh. So ya do know how to write? I almost thought that you couldn't."

"Do not underestimate me."

The simple sentence caused the skeleton to lean back into his chair. He started to tap his fingers against the wooden armrest, easily producing that unsettling noise. "You're not eating."

"And?" I said with a sigh. Moving the paper to the side along with the pen, it didn't take long for Sans to switch his gaze to try and inspect the page.

"Don't want to... oh I don't know? Have your last meal before tomorrow?" He suddenly mused with a small chuckle.  At the sound of me chewing, his single crimson eye snapped towards me... I was eating a cookie. "What the hell."

"What?" By now, he was giving me an absurd stare. "Oh, I am sorry. How rude of me... were you still talking?"

Sans suddenly did something that I wasn't really expecting from him. He got up and reached his hand through the prison bar with that sly grin still on his face. However, he did seem much more... relaxed?

From the depths of my coat, I pulled out a bag of cookies and took one of the treats out. Not bothering to stand up, I tossed it in his direction. The crazed skeleton caught it with ease before consuming it in an instant.

I wanted to avoid him potentially turning aggressive if I denied him...

Immediately, his eye showed astonishment before he brought of his hands to his vacant eye to scratch the socket. "More monster food?"

"The ruins." I reminded him bluntly with a sigh. He seemed to contemplate my words briefly before growling with irritation. Watching as he returned to his chair, I thought that he was going to sit back down... but instead he picked up his weapon that was next to it and vanished.

I guess that confirms his ability to teleport...

Before I could get up to pick the lock, the sound of a door closing from upstairs caught my attention. Next, heavy footsteps... and then, Papyrus appeared. "HUMAN. IS SANS GONE?"

"Yes...?" I didn't have it in me to be as sarcastic with the taller skeleton. He was probably the most harmless of us all. Including myself.

"EXCELLENT." He said while approaching the door to my prison. I didn't think that he was going to open it for me... it was just an easier access point for him. A new idea came to mind... Papyrus was nicer, but obviously feared. An asset perhaps?