:.Instincts.:

(I'm sure that everyone was relatively curious for the next chapter- I know that I was a bit curious during my efforts of subconsciously writing it haha. I am sorry if there are any errors, this part was a bit rushed. Also keep in mind that this story IS rated mature, so there will be a bit of murderously sensitive themes in this chapter. Enjoy!~)

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

The snow below me felt cold as I looked over to the right side of my hip. I was shot, but it was honestly only a flesh wound. Crimson stained the white landscape below me... only to serve as a reminder of what I did for Papyrus. His brother seemed very surprised. "What the hell, (Y/n)."

Sans was shaking a lot. It almost looked like he was having an internal struggle between helping me or... letting his hunting instincts take over. I wasn't too fond of the idea that he was potentially planning on killing me. Taking in his appearance a little more, his smile seemed forced as he took a few steps forward with hands clenched into fists.

"I thought that you were calling me 'Human', Sans." I suddenly said, only for him to groan in irritation. Why hasn't the sniper shot a second time? The first shot was always the most important, but the second one was generally fired immediately after the first as a precaution. He could of ended me, right?

"Shut up. This isn't the time for you to be fucking sassy." Huh, actually... his line of fire must of been blocked off. Especially since there was a massive barricade of bones facing the direction of the attacker. Papyrus was still seemingly in the snow, but he was quick to approach my side while frantically looking at my wound.

He wasn't bothered by the smell of my blood. Papyrus knew that it was there, and that it smelt stronger than usual- but he didn't seem interested in it with some kind of sinister intent. No... he was actually concerned, and maybe even a bit frustrated at the sight.

"No need to look so triggered, Papyrus. I don't mind biting the bullet once in awhile." I hummed thoughtfully. The taller skeleton was on his knees beside me, desperately moving his hands to try and cover my wound... but then, Sans stopped him. "It is only a flesh wound. Actually, I would appreciate it if you both left. I don't need either of you getting in the way."

Now I was trying to be serious, but once Sans pressed his hand against the wound, he only pulled it back to lap up the blood... well, isn't that satisfying. His eye seemed to light up at the taste as his red tongue worked to clean off his fingers... why was he so interested in it? "What, don't even want to give me a shot?"

"Preferably not. I'd rather not fire you." Well, this turned into a pun war... and strangely enough, it was happening while I was on the ground bleeding. Sans crouched down and put an arm over his knee while staring at me lazily. Something about his posture seemed different, but he was hiding it well... almost like he knew how to evade my perceptive Soul.

"Oh? Are you saying that we're not of the same caliber?" He asked. Papyrus was groaning in the background, but Sans was very serious. He had that glint in his eye right now, the one that I could only describe as challenging. And even if he hid it very well, I knew that he was angry. I guess that his brother almost dying really did set him off.

He started to tap his fingers against his leg... was he anticipating something?

"Have you even scoped out our situation?" I could tell that by now, Paps wanted to yell at both of us for our conversation during this very serious moment. But in all honesty, we were both very set on this conflict. I wanted him to leave, I wanted-

And just before Sans could say something, another gunshot from a different angle rang out. The smaller skeleton summoned his hatchet to block the trajectory of the shot that was aimed at me... in fact, I was surprised. But at the same time, the first shot of a sniper was always the most dangerous. Because once you knew that they were shooting at you, things became much harder for them.