Chapter 34

A/N: Nilagyan ko po ng pic sa taas para mas maimagine niyo po ang itsura ng pendant hehe..

Hating gabi, lahat ng mga kasapi ng Schwarz Rabe ay nagsitipon-tipon sa isang basement nila.

Bumukas ang pinto niyon at bumungad ang kalmadong si Kina. Mabibilis na mga hakbang na tumungo ito sa kinaroroonan ni Mr. Laxel.

"Master, she's here."

Mula sa pagkakatalikod habang nakasiklop ang mga kamay nito sa kaniyang likuran, ay bahagya siyang lumingon.

"Let her in." He commanded in a frigid tone.

Ilang saglit pa ay narinig ang mga mahihinang yapak na papasok ng basement.

There's a sudden silence for a moment and later on, a voice of a woman spoke.

"Chamber Laxel." from the way she utter his name, it mirrors the tone of his coldness.

He slowly turned his back just to welcome his vision by a cruel and merciless eyes of a woman.

"Noryss Fuentebella."

Simply acknowledging each other's name, pero iyon ang paraan ng kanilang pagbati sa kapareha niyang nakakataas na assassin.

Sandali silang nagtagisang ng titig, at sa huli ito rin ang unang bumawi.

Ngumiti ito yet her eyes were glassy and unable to read the depths of it.

He remained on guard. This woman just came back all of a sudden and he has no idea what's her real intention.

But honestly, they have been waiting for her come back. She could be the last alas of Schwarz Rabe against Black Snipes.

"All bow for the arrival of our lost master." He commanded in an authoritative voice.

His men, as well as the members of Schwarz Rabe, bowed their heads in unison.

They were wearing a long black toga in hoods. Forming into a wide circle, and in the middle, standing Mr. Laxel and the lost master Noryss Fuentebella.

President Fuentebella is the lost master of Schwarz Rabe. She'd been missing for years and found her as president of a university. She was once a master of all assassins, and it cannot be denied when you look straight into her eyes. Full of rage, blazing in anger and merciless. But the war between Schwarz Rabe, Black Snipes, and Roma Phantos (the other fallen assassin group a long time ago) made her sudden disappearance.

Everyone thought she's dead that made Black Snipes feast in victory. While in their part, it was like they lost a leg until he, Mr. Laxel, took part after his parents' trone. Yes, it may not be obvious, but his parents were assassins too.

They were in a verge of losing, but when the time the pendant was declared lost, the war stopped and everyone competes who could found it first.

Intriguing it is. That lost pendant is a symbol of power. Before world wars happened, it was already passed to any deserving assassins through generations and generations.

The design of such pendant consist a black raven, and symbolic characters engraved around it. No one could understand those characters, unless you were the chosen one. If someone's holding that antique thing, then you are the most powerful assassin. You rule the whole assassins, make a doctrine or law that matters about assassins.

That's why everyone kills just to find the pendant, and if happened, they'll use it for their personal ambitions and another war will come sinisterly.

According to the informations, the last holder of that pendant were the masters before Fuentebella. It suddenly disappeared after a dreadful war between Schwarz Rabe and Black Snipes.

They had to be the first one to find it because it belongs to them in the first place. Dahil kung sa Black Snipes mapupunta iyon, paniguradong gulo ang dulot nito. And he's sure, they'll pound the Schwarz Rabe to death.

"Welcome back, Fuentebella." aniya. Nakasiklop ang dalawang kamay niya sa kaniyang likuran habang seryosong nakatingin dito.

"Glad to hear that from you, Laxel. It's so unusual for you to utter those words." Makahulugan nitong sabi habang iniikot ang paningin nito sa kabuuan ng silid.

Hindi na siya magugulat kung alam nito ang kaniyang personalidad. Hindi silang dalawa masyado magkakilala pero sadyang matalas lamang magkilatis sa kaniya ang babae.

Pinili niyang wag sumagot at hinintay na ito ang maunang magsalita.

Kapagkuwa'y, bumalik ang tingin nito sa kaniya.

"I'll go straight to the point, Laxel. I have propositions for you..." she intentionally hangs her sentences.

Saglit na tumahimik sa Mr. Laxel bago sumagot.

"Go ahead, Fuentebella."

She grinned and clasped both of her hands at her back.

"Let me take your position as a master of Schwarz Rabe."

He paused at that moment, trying to sink in her words.

A soft gasps around them was heard. His men were also surprised by that statement.

Until his eyes slowly narrowed infinitesimally.

"What. Do. You. Mean?" Gigil na tanong niya dito. His eyes threw sharp gazes at her while teeth gritted.

Pero hindi tumalab iyon sa kaharap na babae. Sa halip, her face turned emotionless.

"You will listen to me, Laxel. Or you want your headquarters will be bombard by Black Snipes?"

Napaingos siya habang pinipigilan ang magwala.

"No!" He's fuming. "You can't take over my position. This. Is. Mine!"

"It's not yours, Laxel." She stepped forward and looked straight into his eyes, sending him a life threatening stare. "It's for everyone. And I'm here for the proposition for you to keep that throne." Mahinang saad ng babae habang may tunog ng banta sa kaniya. "I'm not the enemy here, but our pride."

Lumayo ito sa kaniya at nilibot ang paningin sa mga tao sa loob ng silid.

"I didn't came here to cause trouble, I came back to help you. I was part of Schwarz Rabe, after a long time of being a normal civillian, lot of things I discovered from inside and outside on this kind of society."

"From how any insane assassins sneak and kill, destroy each other's properties, transactions, secret warfare and inhumane."

"So tell me, how focused are you within this group that you didn't even bothered to look around you and seek answers for your questions? You only concentrate on what's visible and shallow knots but you didn't know, you were being tricked behind." She lectured them like a mother nagging to her thick skulled children.

Muling bumalik ang kaniyang tingin kay Mr. Laxel "Someday, you will lose what you were keeping today if you isolate yourself like you're a man in an island."

Hindi makapagsalita si Mr. Laxel. He has so many realizations while she talks.

Yes, he's hesitating. But... but for his batallion that he made to survive for many years from downfall. He can't let this group be wiped out by an ill-brained Black Snipes.

His jaw twitched and looked around him.

His people is waiting for him, for his decision.

He took a deep breath and turned his gaze to the woman.

"I'm in."

**