Chapter Seventeen: Goo Lagoon

Today was a beautiful day in Bikini Bottom. The sun was shining, clear skies and everyone was out and about. Today would also be a good day to check out the Goo Lagoon. I packed a small lunch, a towel, an umbrella, got into my swim costume and put a dress thing over it and I also took my guitar. Once I arrived at the Lagoon, I placed my towel on the sand, put my umbrella up and took out my guitar. I played and hummed along when I heard a familiar voice.

 I played and hummed along when I heard a familiar voice

"(Y/N), fancy seeing you here."

Squilliam Fancyson.

'You're one to talk Squilliam Fancy-pants,' I said.

"That's Fancyson," Squilliam corrected.

'After how you treated Squidward, I don't care!' I told him standing up.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're in love with him," Squilliam said with a smug look on his face.

'What makes you say that?' I asked pretending that I don't have feelings for him.

"You care about him."

'I care about him because he's my best friend.'

"Oh, is that so? No crush on him?"

'Even if I did, I wouldn't tell you!'

"Anyway, do you mind if I sit with you?"

At this point, I just wanted him to go away but that clearly wasn't going to happen so I, unwilling, nodded and he set up his things and laid down. I rolled my eyes and played my guitar again.

"You play beautifully (Y/N)," Squilliam commented.

I ignored him and continued.

"You should join my band sometime."

'Lay there and be quiet!' I told him.

"There's no need to be rude about it," Squilliam said.

I can see why Squidward hates him. I started to play a bit louder to try to drown out the sound of his voice if he talked again and hummed the lyrics.

'Feeling my way through the darkness
Guided by a beating heart
I can't tell where the journey will end
But I know where to start
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream
Well life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes
Well that's fine by me

So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn't know I was lost'