Chapter Twenty: Dunces and Dragons

Squidward wanted to be alone today so I was going to spend the day at home but Spongebob and Patrick invited me to an event called Medieval Moments. I didn't really have much to do today except finish writing my new song 'Step in time' so I accepted their invite. I followed the two through a field where we saw a castle with a sign saying 'Medieval Moments'. Someone blew a trumpet and someone spoke through the speaker.

"Welcome to Medieval Moments. You are just twenty wizard's paces away from swords, sorcery, and bad hygiene."

We ran in and met a Henchman who told us where we needed to go. But Spongebob corrected him in Medieval speech since the Henchman said it normally. The Henchman was tempted to kill himself but held back. We went into the area after Patrick got a large piece of mutton. The king announced the jousting tournament and asked two audience members to participate.

Spongebob and Patrick said that they would participate but they thought they were getting front row seats with me. The king said that whoever won the jousting would also win my hand. They clearly take this roleplaying thing seriously. The royal Henchman gave Spongebob and Patrick knight clothing and he gave me a princess dress and crown.

 The royal Henchman gave Spongebob and Patrick knight clothing and he gave me a princess dress and crown

Spongebob and Patrick got on the seahorses still confused as to what was going on and the jousting started but quickly ended when Spongebob and Patrick were thrown out of the area by the seahorses

Spongebob and Patrick got on the seahorses still confused as to what was going on and the jousting started but quickly ended when Spongebob and Patrick were thrown out of the area by the seahorses. I tried to calm the seahorses down but one kicked me out of the area and I fell on Spongebob and Patrick. What in the world was that?

I got up and looked out to the distance to see a cavalry riding towards us. They quickly surround us and pointed their spears at us. The leader of the cavalry told the others to arrest us for committing the act of witchcraft by falling from the sky. Excuse me? Spongebob touched the end of one of the spears while commenting that these roleplayers went the extra mile for authenticity.

He greeted them but the leader cut his helmet in half, telling Spongebob to be quiet. The three of us were taken to the castle where we were thrown into the dungeons. I have a bad feeling about this. We suddenly heard the sound of a clarinet. We looked over to see... Squidward in a red and orange jester outfit? I thought he was at home! Squidward was trying to play the clarinet but wasn't doing very well. In fact, I think he was doing worse.