Chapter Thirty-Two: Graveyard shift

Squidward's POV:

Bikini Bottom recently returned to its former glory and (Y/N) and I have had a brilliant relationship so far. Tonight is our first date as the Krusty Krab closed right about...

"Now! 8:00! So long, suckers! I've got a hot date with a little lady, and her name is: (Y/N)," a fish I recognized as Tom walked up and knocked on the door, "what?"

"Are you open?" He asked.

"Read the sign."

"I'll have a Krabby Patty Deluxe and a double chili Kelp fries."

"No, you won't! I can't hang out here all night! I've got a life," I told him really wanting to go on this date.

"Well, fine, if you don't want my money!"

Of course, Mr. Krabs heard about the money but I didn't expect him to fall from the ceiling on top of me!

"You mean, if we stayed open later, you'd give us your money?" Mr. Krabs asked.

Three other fish behind Tom pulled out money, "sure."

"Mr. Squidward, welcome to the night shift," Mr. Krabs ripped the open/closed sign, "from now on, the Krusty Krab is open 24 hours a day."

I got back on my feet, "what!?"

A crowd of fish barged in cheering knocking me down. Spongebob was also very happy about all of this.

"Wow! Now we never have to stop working!" Spongebob said.

"Mr. Krabs..."

"See ya in the morning, boys, lass! I can't hang out here all night! I've got a life," Mr. Krabs told us and left.

"Mr. Krabs?"

"Isn't this great guys!? Just you and me together for hours and hours and hours and hours and then the sun'll come up and it'll be tomorrow and we'll still be working!" Spongebob gasped, "it'll be just like a sleepover! Only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"

"I don't think that's supposed to be a good thing, Spongebob," (Y/N) told him.

"Come on, (Y/N)! It'll be fun!" Spongebob jumped on the cash register counter, "are you ready to rock guys?!"

"No," I told him.

"Good! 'Cause we've got customers!"

I gave a customer a baseball bat and told him to hit me as hard as he could. Spongebob kept telling us what he was doing always adding that it was at night. After he burned his hand, he decided to walk around the register repeating the word night.

"Will you please?!" I asked annoyed.

"Here," (Y/N) gave Spongebob a bag of garbage, "give Squidward a moment's peace and take out the trash!"

"Alright!" Spongebob took the bag from her

Spongebob made his way to the door but stopped once he reached it. He was hesitant to go outside as it was dark out there. I teased him saying that I thought he liked the night shift. He plucked up some courage and ran out screaming and returned inside panting heavily but snapped his fingers and said confidently, "piece of cake!"

"So you're not afraid?" I asked.

"Pfft, Nah."

"Well, I am. Especially after," I looked around and gulped, "well, you know."

"What? What do I know?"

"You don't remember? It was all over the news."

"Tell me, tell me!"