Chapter Twenty-Three: April Fool's!

Today was April 1st which was also April Fool's day. I've never been one to play jokes on this day but I had a brilliant one in mind. I went to Spongebob's house because I had a feeling he would be the best person to help with this prank.

"Good morning (Y/N)! How can I help you?" Spongebob asked.

'Spongebob, and you help me pull an April Fool's day prank on Squidward?' I asked.

"Come in."

I came in and I was greeted by his pet snail.

"Oh, (Y/N), this is Gary. Gary, this is (Y/N)."

I smiled and waved at Gary.

"So, (Y/N), what is the prank?"

'So my plan is, say you asked me to help you put up a shelf or something and you accidentally drop it on my head. Result: I've got a serious concussion and I've lost all memory of my job, moving to Bikini Bottom, Squidward, you and have no idea what happened,' I explained.

"How long are you going to pretend you don't remember anything?" Spongebob asked.

'The whole day.'

"Alright."

So we went into his kitchen and partly took down one of his shelves and  I propped myself on the floor while Spongebob went to get Squidward. I heard Spongebob open the door explaining what happened in a panicked voice so I closed my eyes.

"(Y/N)!" I heard Squidward say in a worried tone.

I felt Squidward pick me up bridal style and place me on Spongebob's sofa.

"So let me get this straight, she was helping you put up a new shelf and you accidentally dropped one end on her head?" Squidward asked.

"Yeah."

"Spongebob, you're an idiot!"

"It was an accident!"

"I don't care! For all we know you could've put her in a coma! She may never wake up! And even if she does, what if she lost her memory?"

"Squidward! You're overreacting. I have an idea to wake her up."

"I dread to hear it."

"Try kissing her."

Even though I had my eyes closed, I could see the shocked look on his face.

"Spongebob... I'm not going to kiss her, that only works in fairytales, not real life," Squidward told him, "I have a better idea."

Nothing happened until I felt drops of water fall on my face so I 'woke up'. Once I saw Spongebob and Squidward, I freaked out.

"(Y/N), calm down, it's just us," Squidward said.

I climbed off the sofa and backed over to the corner of the room. Squidward was visibly confused as was Spongebob.

"(Y/N), it's me, Squidward, your best friend," Squidward said, "we've known each other for a little over two years now."

'I've never seen you in my life,' I told him, 'where am I anyway?'

"You're in my house," Spongebob told me.

'Yeah but, what town am I in?'

"Bikini Bottom," Squidward answered.

'I don't remember coming here.'

"What do you remember?" 

'I remember being with my family before going to bed and I woke up here... did you kidnap me?!' I dropped my board and tried to back away more but at this point, I was at the corner of the room so I couldn't exactly go anywhere.