Chapter Three: Camping

Squidward's POV:

I've been looking after (Y/N) for about three days now and she hasn't been having a good three days. Writing has been a problem so it's been hard to guess what she wants to say, I try not to get in the way because she is very fussy when she wants to do something on her own and sleeping hasn't been her greatest strength in the position she's supposed to be in for the next twelve weeks.

Today I noticed she was going to try something to help her speak. I was making her something to drink when she brought out a game of scrabble. I was confused until she started putting the letters together. When she finished she dragged me over to the table and pointed at the sentence.

It read, 'Squidward, this is going to be very awkward but, I need your help with something.'

I asked what with and she pulled me upstairs and led me to the bathroom pointing at the bath. I was just wide-eyed and stumbling over my words. I almost forgot that the doctor told me I might have to help her with this. I could feel the blush build up on my cheeks and I could see the blush on her cheeks.

I helped her put on the plastic cover over her cast before helping her out of her clothes. Trust me when I say, I tried not to look but I couldn't exactly help it when I helped her in the bath. By the time she was washed and dressed, I was a blushing mess. Never in a million years did I see myself doing that, especially with a woman. She apologised for the whole thing but I told her it was fine. 

Even though (Y/N) was finally back at work after getting her cast off, the day was still miserable

Even though (Y/N) was finally back at work after getting her cast off, the day was still miserable. I just watched (Y/N) for most of the day. I wonder why she decided to become mute. She's never told me and I'm really curious to hear her voice. Is her voice as beautiful as she is? Barnacles! I think I'm in love! She'd never love me back. I'm just a loser with no talent whatsoever. Squilliam and everyone in school told me so.

"Hey, Squidward!" Spongebob shouted through the window.

"Spongebob what is it?" I asked.

"Wanna come camping with me and Patrick tonight?"

"No."

"I'm inviting (Y/N)," he told me with a slight smirk.

"Maybe," I told him.

"Yay!"