Chapter Nine: Is it over?

Later, Mr. Krabs was looking through his telescope in the renewed Krusty Krab watching Plankton cry on the pole of the Krusty Krab sign.

"He's been out there crying for twenty minutes. Pathetic," Mr Krabs gave Spongebob the binoculars, "I'm just gonna go out there and gloat a little."

Meanwhile, in Mr. Krabs' safe, the real Plankton exit his last penny with a headset on. He laughed victoriously and evilly but stopped when his back starts hurting but he managed to return to normal. He called his computer wife, Karen, calling her a laptop as a cold name. Karen had purple hair, glasses, silver knee-length dress, green tights and silver high heel boots.

Karen was playing solitaire by herself while she waited for her one-celled organism husband to get on with his plan. Karen was offended by the nickname, telling him that she has twice the processing power of a Laptop. Plankton just said never mind and told her to maintain radio silence. As Plankton walked closer to the formula, he noticed a light. It was a pressure plate keeping him from taking the bottle the formula was in.

Plankton opened the safe and climbed out looking for something to replace the real formula. He spotted a ship in a bottle so he took the ship out and replaced it with a note saying: "Eugene, eat my subaquatic air bubbles! Love Plankton," and put a cork in it. Plankton carefully swapped the bottles and the pressure plate agreed to the swap. Back with Spongebob, he was still watching Mr Krabs dance about 'Plankton' rubbing it in his face that he was broke.

(Y/N) walked over curious to know why Spongebob wasn't in the kitchen. Spongebob mentioned to her that he had never seen Mr. Krabs gloat so hard before. (Y/N) looked over at Mr. Krabs gloating. She raised a brow and left to continue cleaning. By that time, Mr. Krabs decided to stop gloating now. He turned Plankton around to see a loose thread on his face. Mr. Krabs pulled the thread to reveal that this Plankton was actually a robot.

Spongebob walked into Mr. Krabs' office to see Plankton holding the formula. Plankton noticed that he got caught and accidentally knocked over the fake formula off the pressure plate causing a red flashing light to come down from the ceiling. The Krusty Krab went into lockdown and everything got trapped in steal including the outside traping Mr Krabs outside. Spongebob grabbed the formula and tried to yank it out of Plankton's grasp but he wouldn't let go. Plankton told Spongebob to join him so they could be rich and powerful until he eventually destroyed him.

Realising she shouldn't have said that last part, he told Spongebob to join him. Spongebob told him no and that he was on Team Krabs for life. Mr. Krabs finally managed to open the door and headed to his office while Spongebob and Plankton continued to tug at the formula but it magically vanished leaving both confused. Plankton wondered how that was possible as he had proved that to be impossible seven times. Mr. Krabs burst through the door and let out a gasp as Spongebob and Plankton stare at him for a couple of seconds.

"Where's me formuler, Plankton?!" Mr. Krabs asked him

"I-I don't know! It just disappeared!" Plankton told him truthfully.

"Why should I believe you, ya lyin' liar?!"

"Normally, I'd agree with you, Mr. Krabs, but this time, he's telling the truth!" Spongebob told him, "it just vanished!"

"It's true!" Plankton said.

Mr. Krabs grabbed Plankton and taped him to his desk.

"Mr. Krabs, I'm telling you! He's innocent!" Spongebob defended for Plankton.

"W-what are you gonna do Krabs?!" Plankton asked, "pour hot oil on me?! Or put bamboo shoots under my nails?!"

"No," Krabs said, "Knock-knock."