Chapter Thirty-Six: The best day ever!

(The picture above is how many years have gone by)

Squidward's POV:

Well, today's the day. The day I ask the most important question in my life. I am silently praying tonight will be a success and not a failure. But, so far, today was another typical workday.

"Spongebob, one Triple Patty Deluxe with kelp fries," I told him.

"One Triple Patty Deluxe with Kelp fries coming up!"

I watched him for a moment before speaking again, "Spongebob?"

"Yes, Squidward?"

"Are you going jellyfishing with Patrick tonight?"

"No, why?"

"All you need to know is I'm taking (Y/N) on a date tonight at jellyfish fields."

"Can I suggest a spot?"

I nodded. He knows jellyfish fields better than I do.

"I'll make an obvious path for you," Spongebob told me.

After work, and after (Y/N) got dressed in her steampunk dress, the two of us went to jellyfish fields. Once we arrived, there was a pathway of candles leading to a small but romantic picnic. Wow, Spongebob set this up? I'm... actually speechless as was (Y/N) thinking I set this up. I wanted to tell her otherwise but this night was already going better than I hoped. We talked, laughed, and ate admiring the sunset in front of us. Well, it was now or never. I stood up and helped (Y/N) to her feet.

"(Y/N), I have something to ask you," I told her nervously.

"What is it?" (Y/N) asked.

I took a deep breath and took her hands in mine, "(Y/N), ever since I met you, I knew you were different and I don't mean you just being silent but, I never imagined that we would come as far as we are now. You are the kindest person I've ever met and that's one of the reasons I fell for you. I want to take our relationship to the next stage. (Y/N) (L/N)..." I got down on one knee and took a ring out of my pocket, "...will you make me the happiest cephalopod in the ocean and be my wife?"

I could see the tears in her eyes but she was smiling happily, "of course, I will!"

I smiled wide and stood up slipping the ring on her finger. I wiped her tears away and kissed her happily.