Chapter Thirty-Seven: Our Little Rose

(Y/N) and I have been married for a year and a half now and everything had been brilliant. But today, was different. When the three of us arrived at work, practically the whole town was at the Krusty Krab along with the media. What is going on? I overheard Perch Perkins saying that Mr. Krabs had an announcement for everyone. We weren't told anything. We eventually all went in front of the camera and all our questions were answered in Mr. Krabs' speech.

"Ahoy there! Today is a sad but special day for the Krusty Krab. Today, I am officially retiring but, the Krusty Krab will continue running with one of me best employees as the new manager."

"And who have you chosen?" Perch asked.

Mr. Krabs did a dramatic pause, "Spongebob Squarepants."

Spongebob was probably more surprised than us. Spongebob is now permanently in charge? I was full of doubt about it but, I guess I'm gonna have to deal with it until my Clarinet career kicks off or something. Surprisingly, throughout the day, Spongebob was actually doing a good job managing this place. Spongebob was a brilliant manager and, as a bonus, he raised our salary to a more reasonable price than what Mr. Krabs paid.

I was heading to Sandy's tree dome today to ask her a question that had been on my mind for a while now

I was heading to Sandy's tree dome today to ask her a question that had been on my mind for a while now. She let me in and sat me down.

"What's on your mind?" Sandy asked.

"So, for a while now, I've wanted to start a family with (Y/N) but, as you know, we're different species so I know it won't work but I thought you might give me a second opinion."

"You mean... mate with her?" I nodded, "I mean... in normal circumstances, it wouldn't but, considering you aren't like normal octopi or any other fish in Bikini Bottom, it might just work but I'll leave that experiment between you and your wife."

I went home and met (Y/N) in the art and music room. Lately, she's been creating a comedy musical for the theatre kids at school but it's going a lot slower than Tentacle Spectacle the Musical did. (Y/N) got a little frustrated and slammed her hands on the piano multiple times making a horrible sound.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, calm down," I told her coming to her side.

"I swear you're musical was a lot easier," (Y/N) commented.

"(Y/N), can I talk to you about something? It might help take your mind off all this," she nodded, "how would you feel about starting a family?"

"You mean, adopt? I'd love to," she said.

"Yes and no..." I said with a bit of hesitation.

"Why no?"

"I... I'd like to try to start a family with you... but not through adoption."

(Y/N) looked confused before realizing what I meant. She turned away from me and thought about it.

"I went to Sandy about this earlier and she said it might work but, if it doesn't, we'll just adopt."