Chapter Thirty-Three: First Date

It wasn't long after Spongebob told us his idea we all fell asleep. It had been a long night for all of us. But we were woken up by Mr. Krabs the next morning. 

"Did you seriously expect us to stay awake all night?" (Y/N) asked.

"I ain't paying ya to sleep during the night shift!" Mr. Krabs told us.

"You hardly pay us at all," I told him, "but, before we fell asleep, Spongebob had an idea."

"(Y/N)'s little brother, Richard, asked for a job application last night soooo... how about you hire people to do the night shift?" Spongebob suggested.

"Then at least you won't have the three of us tired all day every day," (Y/N) told him.

"But I'll lose money!" Mr. Krabs said.

"Mr. Krabs, with the whole night shift thing, you'll be earning money 24/7 and you'll have enough to pay everyone the same salary, which is hardly anything and you'll still have loads of money."

Mr Krabs thought for a moment, "you've convinced me."

Mr. Krabs hired Richard as a fry cook for the night shift and we all started our morning shift. About halfway through the day, I started watching (Y/N) while she worked. Tonight will definitely be our first date and nothing will get in the way of my plans this time.

"What are we looking at?" Spongebob whispered next to me.

"Nothing you need to poke your nosy nose into!" I told him.

"Is it (Y/N)?"

"What makes you think it's her?"

"You two have been dating for over a month now, why wouldn't it be her?"

"Why does it matter to you anyway?!"

"Just curious."

"GO AWAY!"

And that's just what he did. But, there was a reason I was watching (Y/N). I was nervous, to say the least. What if she didn't want to go on a date with me? Granted, I've asked two of my own kind out on a date before but I still don't have enough experience in this area. No romance book could prepare me for tonight! Once our shift ended, I tried to reassure myself that everything will be okay but I was visibly nervous.

We started to walk home and I decided to make my move. I asked her rather nervously if she would go on this date with me tonight. She agreed so we decided to go to a Karaoke place in town. For most of the night, we just talked while listening to everyone else sing. But I did ask at one point if we should go and sing next. (Y/N) said why not so we waited for the fish on stage to finish and we went up. (Y/N) started the song.

'Once, I was hopeful, thought we were one. Life, less than perfect finally begun. But, now I wonder are we undone? I wanna treasure you in death as well as life, I wanna cut you with my love and with my knife but can I live as your tormentor and your wife? When I am crazier than you I'm crazier than you and nothing up 'til now has proved me wrong. I'm crazier than you. That's just the overview so get on board or simply move along.'

'I'm not impulsive,' I sang.

'And yet I truly love you.'

'I'm not deranged.'

'I'd never ask that of you.'

'But in this moment I feel I've changed. I wanna climb Mount Everest, go to Mozambique, I wanna be impulsive, want to be unique. Can you believe I mean it when you hear me shriek I'm crazier than you, I'm crazier than you and now I'll prove to you exactly how I'm crazier than you. I'll do what you can do! From here on in I give my solemn vow.'

'Pluck the arrow from its quiver, hold it in your hand be brave.'

'Pierce the apple, not the liver, or we're dancing on my grave.'

'Place it in the bow and steady.'

'Can't you shoot that thing already!' I sang now shocked by the lyrics.

'I wanna demonstrate that fear is my ideal.'

'Girl, believe me, fear is your ideal.'

''Cause in the moment that you're frightened, life is real.'

'Then my life must be real real!'

'And in a flash when I release and seal the deal. I'm crazier than you, I'm crazier than you,' we finally sang together, 'And nothing hurts me when I hear you say I'm crazier than you. Psychotically into. And that is all I need to face the day. I'm crazier than you, I'm crazier than you, and live or die I'll let you have control! I'm crazier than you so say you love me too. From here on in you're singing to my soul! My soul!'

Everyone clapped for us and the two of us left for a little stroll. We took a stroll in Goo Lagoon and, to make the day more romantic, the sun was setting. We just walked and talked for a little bit. She did ask me about what was going through my head during the day the Bandshell was supposed to take place and I told her everything that was happening in my little fantasy world with the sea anemones.

We eventually stopped to watch the sunset but I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I took her hand and she looked at me. We turned towards each other properly and I put my other hand on her cheek slowly bringing her in for a kiss which, to my surprise, she returned. We eventually headed home, shared one last kiss, and called it a night. I will never forget tonight.