9. The Abandoned Mine

We were amazed of what we saw, everything was preserved. Other than the boulders' remains that fell 80 years ago, The mine was completely preserved, the minecarts, the steel beams, everything was preserved for over 80 long years. We didn't expect that we could saw a mine this beautiful for about eight decades already. This is the most prolific and beautiful mine that I seen with my own eyes in my lifetime, even though it is my first time to see a mine. The both of our jaws dropped and our eyes widened, knowing that there really is a mine here that exists.

"Wow!!" I muttered on my breath, being astounded on the view of the place as if the mine was just closed yesterday. Except for the fact that the carts and rails are rusty, and even the lights are orange colored, hinting that it is really on the 19th century. Kent only chuckles as he saw the view of the old abandoned mine, he came beside me as he spoke.

"Can you see its preserved beauty for over 80 years?" Kent asked, muttering under his breath too. He clapped my right shoulder as he turned his head around the mine, seeing everything that is preserved. Even the boulders that had fell down on the area for about years ago already, but some of them, due to oldness, shattered into small parts and had been dissolving on its rock cycle. Some of the carts had been on the tracks undisturbed, not even moving a single bit or even a micrometer, it had been staying on that position since the Icelandic miners had abandoned this mine due to the incident that killed eighty-one people. 

"Yeah, I never saw like this in my whole life. Like it was a paradise for me." I replied to Kent, still being astonished about the mine that we had entered on and the preserved beauty of it. Me and Kent walked near the carts and studied it, but Kent finally spoke to me and turned serious. I know he is shocked and amazed of what we had saw as the lights had been lit up, but we needed to continue or journey towards Agartha, so we had stopped the observation and picture taking on this area and go to the main point in going on the dragon world.

"We should go on for this."  He pronounced at me, looking serious and smirking a bit at me. As I nodded at him and walked towards the five-and-a-half foot tall man. He had observed the carts if it is workable and ridable, and also not to weak and brittle and just shatter to pieces when we are travelling already. I placed my left hand on his shoulder as he glanced at me and I spoke at him. 

"Yeah, we should now." I replied at Kent, nodding at him at approval. As we finally did our actions and searched for the things that might help us in traveling more deeper on the abandoned mine. We had scoured the area a bit and tried to search things like ropes and hooks that might help us later. We had checked the corners of the mine and tried to grab more materials.

Probably 3 minutes later, we had finally grabbed and gathered the things that we will need for the indoor journey(I say) towards the extension of this mine if there would be one, we had readied ourselves and packed the things that we needed. We had grappling hooks, pickaxes, some candles, and some reserve ropes that we found on some old wooden boxes and finally, some minecarts to ride on. Kent had finally checked the minecarts and tested them for a drive, the minecarts had been good in riding and never creaking or shattering off into pieces.Those carts were rusty, but they run smoothly, so there are no problems about the rough ride thingy. But I told you that they we're smooth and can still run, yeah? Other thing that I will tell you that those minecarts had no brakes. So that would increase the chance of incidents, probably it would, but we both hoped that it would never happen. Kent and I gathered our things and placed them inside the minecarts, we had just placed them there and searched more things on the area. But, as we continued to search for useful things, I just noticed the railway, for some unusual things I had observed. As I came to the railway's flat end(I say), I saw something terrible, and not good, assuring that it is really not good news. I poked my head on the edge and saw a 20 to 30 meter drop that had been angled for at least fifty degrees. There would be a high chance that the minecarts might derail and go off from the tracks and fall down. I finally called Kent and invited him to go here.