Chapter 2.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

A year, that how long its been since the end of the world began or zombie apocalypse started. 

A year ago she killed her own mum and pet dog before breaking down into Shiro warm arms. 

A year ago where she woke up in the back of a car where shiro was driving, turning to her with a gentle and thankful smile. 

A year ago where she and shiro became Partners in the end of the world. 

It wasn't as bad as it could have been, she was thankful to have shiro by her side. She wondered why Shiro suddenly turned up when he was meant to be at collage but then again he always did know when to come and save her as they grew up. 

Shiro became friends with Matt, her big brother who was a year older then him. They met in middle school when Shiro saved Matt from being beaten up. But shiro always been someone special to Katie, she didnt understand why but he just was. 

Now she was seventeen and he was twenty years old. They stayed close and just mingle around the word knowing its best not to stay in one place for too long otherwise Zombies would come and surround them in seconds. They knew to keep away from big cities and large areas since that be where most zombies would be huddle together. 

They mostly stayed away from other human camps not wanting to really mix with strangers or risk being a victim to other humans. Shiro carried an axe and Pidge stayed with her red metal bat that she wrapped wire around. Both have a knife in a sheath on their belts or trousers loops as back up or close calls. 

They still have a black Berlingo car working with the help of them teaming up to keep it running and repair anything that needs fixing up. They have enough gas thanks to cars that were left on the side of the road or in the middle of the road during the panic. Most gas stations in the city still held gas since no one goes close to them meaning the only places without gas was the stations in the middle of nowhere. 

Right now the two was walking down a small street with houses either side making walls on the edge of the street making them either trapped to walk forward or backwards. But it was still safer to walk down this street since you could see up ahead for zombies and enough doors seemed locked meaning they didnt have to worry about any zombies running out at them. 

Her long hazel hair was now cut short to her shoulders after all not all can handle a zombie apocalypse with long hair. Her bright pretty eyes and cute freckles hid behind round glasses that her brother left before he went to work with her father that morning. She only grown a little and was still short for her age but she was smart and her smartass helped saved them both many times already. 

He still had smooth black hair with a fluffy white tuff that she just loved playing with when they laid down. His kind grey eyes were still the same but now laid a scar over his nose. He was still tall and strong, saving them both when things get too bad. 

His right hand held her left one tightly but gently as they walked together, he wanted to make sure she was close and safe while they walked. He wanted to be able to pull her along as he ran if they needed to get out without fear she be grabbed from him. He just couldn't lose her, not yet.