Chapter 16

before he knew it, haeun had fell asleep in his arms. he chuckled at her sleeping face, her cheeks drooping and her lips parted, slightly. 

she looked beautiful, but she would never believe it. 

jaehyun carried her to his bed and tucked her in, before stepping on his balcony with a glass of water. 

the feelings were coming back to him, too. the ones he had masked with alcohol and games, until he met haeun, who also masked his pain. he had lied to her and told her it was education and his job that healed him; he just didn't want to seem like a train wreck or a guy with an alcohol problem.

jaehyun sat back and took a deep breath, staring at the dark sky. there was nothing to do about this pain, it was choking him. he washed it down with water, believing that it would ease the lump growing in his throat. it didn't.

it was funny, after all this time, the pain hadn't left. 
why now, he thought. jaehyun came to the conclusion that it was because haeun was upset. 

it was true, after seeing haeun upset, the emotions and thoughts came back to him.

all jaehyun's life, he had been under pressure and he had never spoken about it. when he had spoken up, his mother cried with him, but it took his dad a bit longer to understand. jaehyun was still forced to be the inheritor, but not with nearly as much force.

haeun's smile could make him forget for a while and she made him feel complete and not alone.

jaehyun smiled, slightly and walked into his bedroom. he stared at her sleeping, peacefully and joined her.

jaehyun wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close to his chest. the warmth of her body healing the ache in his heart and haeun being so close just put his breathing at ease and calmed him down.

in the morning, when jaehyun woke, haeun wasn't in bed. jaehyun panicked and called after her, "haeun?"

he got up and walked to the kitchen, where he saw her cooking and dancing to the music playing from her phone.

jaehyun chuckled and took a picture, before walking over to her and back-hugging her.

"oh, hello!" she said, cheerily.

"hello. are you making breakfast?" jaehyun said, tired.

"yeah, go wash up. i'm finishing up, soon!" haeun pushed him off and jaehyun smiled and walked off.

he decided to have a quick shower and wear nice clothes, so he could take her out. 

he returned to the kitchen and haeun looked at him, confused, "are you going somewhere?" 

"yeah, after breakfast, you and me are going out!" jaehyun sat beside her and started eating. 

haeun looked at him, admiringly, "okay, then. but, take me to my apartment so I can change and stuff."

jaehyun nodded as they both started eating.

when jaehyun was washing the dishes, haeun got a phone call from doyoung.

"hey, doyoung. what's up?" haeun said.

"haeun. I, um, need to tell you something," he said.

haeun got worried, "is something wrong?"

"no. saemi and I are officially dating. like, boyfriend and girlfriend, dating," doyoung said excitedly.

haeun screamed, causing jaehyun to jump a bit and shake his head with a smile, "oh, my god! that's so great, congrats!"

"thank god, you're okay with it. I knew you would be but saemi was worried," doyoung said.

"where is she?" haeun said.

"we're in the coffee shop, she's right beside me."

"tell her she has no reason to be worried, and that she's perfect for you and I wish the best for you. seriously," haeun smiled so bright, she wished they could see her.

"thanks, haeun. I wish the same for you and jae, too. we got to go, now. see you, later," doyoung said and hung up.

haeun sat with a huge smile on her face; saemi was such a nice girl, with a good sense of humor and she was friendly. her and doyoung were really compatible. haeun could hear the happiness in doyoung's voice and she was glad.

jaehyun looked over, "what's wrong?"

haeun walked over to him, "doyoung and saemi are official."

"are you...upset?" jaehyun turned over, confused.

"dude, does it look like i'm upset? I couldn't be happier! doyoung deserves this. he always used to stay away from girls because they were mean to me until, in highs school, he dated one girl and he really liked her, but they broke up with each other because doyoung spent too much time with me and she was jealous. I didn't stopped feeling bad for him until he told me about saemi, a couple weeks ago," haeun explained.

"i'll have to appreciate doyoung a lot more, now," jaehyun smiled.

"why?"

"because he always looked after you, and he introduced us to each other. will you be my girlfriend, haeun?" jaehyun said.

haeun bit her lip to stop her smiling so widely, "of course, I will! but can we wait for two days before we tell people, I don't want to steal saemi and doyoung's thunder."

jaehyun rolled his eyes and took haeun's hand in his, "let's go!"

after jaehyun took haeun took her to her apartment and she showered and changed into casual clothes, they went out.

haeun took jaehyun to the library she liked buying books from and her favorite bubble tea shop. they walked out holding hands and their drink.

they spent the whole day showing each other their favorite spots to hang out or buy stuff from.

------------------------

this was a short chapter, I'm a bit upset because I don't want to publish this chapter. I feel like I don't know how to carry this story on, but I won't give up!

please, please, please help me! give me some suggestions or ideas and i'll meet them. I need some inspiration or this story will die *dramatic gasp* :0

bye!