Chapter 36

haeun woke up alone, jaehyun had to leave earlier to get to work but promised he'd be back for the first sex test for the baby.

it was exciting and haeun kept talking to her stomach to get some sort of reaction or big movement.

haeun hated being pregnant, she was almost 5 months and she experienced some of the worst pains and her hands and feet were starting to swell a bit. there were nights were haeun didn't sleep but she was glad that her morning sickness had started to go away.

"ow. stop it!" haeun lightly poked her stomach and carried on eating when she felt a sharp pain in her back. haeun groaned and shifted to help the pain.

after a while, she stood up to put her dirty dishes in the sink and her head started hurting. haeun walked over to the sink and felt the low pain in her stomach and back increase as her body started to get weaker.

haeun made a grab for her phone and dialled the number for an ambulance when a hot fluid gushed from her between her legs.

"hello, how can we help you?" a woman said.

"i need an ambulance. there's something wrong with my baby," the next thing haeun saw was blood seeping through her trousers and black.

jaehyun ran through the hospital doors and his eyes landed on haeun's parents.

"haesoo. kiheun," jaehyun breathed.

"oh, jaehyun," haesoo pulled him in for a tight hug.

"she'll be okay," kiheun said. "her and the baby."

jaehyun nodded, "would you like me to get you anything?"

"no, don't be silly. we can get what we need ourselves. but, most importantly, we're here for you, haeun and the baby," haesoo said.

---

"mr jung?" a doctor called and jaehyun whipped his head up.

"yes? any news on haeun?" jaehyun asked.

the doctor frowned, "haeun is in a very critical condition. both her and the baby are losing a lot of blood due to something called 'placental abruption'. its when the placenta partly or completely removes from the baby."

"oh, my god!" haesoo gasped.
"we are doing all we can to help them, but it doesn't look good. we have some people to talk to jaehyun and haeun's parents, for now. i should get back," the doctor tried smiling and rushed back into the room.

jaehyun felt weak - everywhere. he couldn't think about anything except all those memories  you had together and the preparation for the baby.

the calls of his name from haesoo and kiheun started fading into just a ringing noise.
jaehyun shook his head and walked away, tugging at his hair.

not long after, he found himself sat on the hospital stairs with his head in his hands and crying into them.

——
"jaehyun," johnny shook jaehyun who looked at him with puffy red eyes.

"you need to eat," johnny held out a plate of food but jaehyun pushed it away.

johnny kissed his teeth, "i'll feed it to you if i have to! just eat a little."

"how can i think about food at a time like this?" jaehyun choked back tears and johnny looked at him with sympathy. "when my unborn baby is dying and my fiancé is..."

"don't," taeil appeared in front of them. "don't you dare start speaking like that! they're going to be fine! you're going to come back here in four months time with a perfect little baby in your hands and a wife, do you understand?"

jaehyun nodded and turned to johnny, "i'll take the food. thank you."

—————

it's a really short chapter and i haven't updated in a long time, so i apologize.
i haven't been myself lately, so i hope you understand.
i'll do my best to publish the next chapter very soon!
hope you enjoyed this chapter!