Chapter 25

jaehyun snuggled up in his bed, hugging his blanket. the day had been so hard for him.

the meeting was stressful as his father had been there, questioning jaehyun's every move. and after that, jaehyun had so much work to do.

his head had been full of thoughts and stress, all he wanted was to go home to haeun, before.

and when he did, a man was on top of her. of course, nothing was happening but it was triggering.

and after that, she didn't tell him about her ex harassing her. instead, the man who was on top of her knew. and, that man happened to be one of his closest friends, lee taeyong.

jaehyun sighed and tossed over in his bed.

he tried going to sleep; but failed. and, when he did, he had swung his arm over the bed, thinking haeun's body was right next to him. but, jaehyun was met with the cold, empty side of the bed.

he looked over at his clock to see the time read almost two am. 

why hasn't haeun come to bed, yet? he thought and climbed out of his bed, tightening his sweatpants.

he opened the door to the living room and saw haeun sat at the table, handmaking a bracelet. 

"what are you doing?" jaehyun's voice came out raspy and deep.

haeun looked back, "making bracelets."

jaehyun walked over to her and watched her loop the different coloured strings to make a plait pattern.

"i've been doing this for an hour. i've made four, already," haeun chuckled and gestured to the pile of colourful bracelets.

jaehyun scratched the back of his neck, "are you coming to bed, soon?" 

"i'm not really tired," haeun shrugged.

"liar," jaehyun scoffed and haeun looked up, annoyed.

"excuse me?" she said.

jaehyun calmly said, "your eyes are droopy and dark. you're tired."

haeun continued making the bracelet, "i think i know if i'm tired, jae. why don't you go back to bed?"

"i can't," jaehyun sighed.

"how comes?"

"cause you're not there. look, i'm sorry, okay? i've had a bad day and then, i got jealous when i saw you with taeyong and then, you told me about your ex and i got pissed."

"i know. that's why I've been giving you space," haeun stood up.

"and, about what you said. about me always saving you. it's my job, just as it's yours if i was in trouble," jaehyun pulled her towards him by her waist.

"okay," haeun giggled and snuggled into his chest.

"speaking of me in trouble. i need you to come with me to a small work party in two weeks," jaehyun said.

"oh. of course," haeun said. 

"but, for now, i need you to come and sleep with me!" jaehyun said and picked up haeun. she wrapped her legs around his waist and let out squeals before craning her head in his neck.

two days later, jaehyun woke up at six am and headed into the showers. after that, he got ready for work and made a cup of coffee.

before he left, he went back to the room and gave haeun a long kiss on the cheek, "bye, baby."

haeun woke up shortly after that and made herself a cup of coffee when she heard loud knocking, "coming!"