Chapter 31

"haeun, jaehyun! wake up, it's almost eight!" haeun's father's voice booms through your room, making sure to wake them.

jaehyun unwrapped his arm from tightly around haeun's body, "wake up, sweetie."

haeun practically jumped up and ran to the bathroom, rushing into washing herself and returning to the bedroom to get ready for the day ahead.

jaehyun wore a simple t-shirt and a pair of shorts, going downstairs and joining haeun and her parents to setting the table for breakfast.

"mm," jaehyun hummed to the smell of a big breakfast.

"eat up", haeun's mum said and placed a plate in front of jaehyun, before doing the same to her daughter and her husband - it was clear who her new favourite was.

jaehyun said, "thank you. it's clear where haeun gets her cooking skills from."

"oh, does haeun cook?" her mum asked.

haeun looked at the two discussing a conversation about her, when she was sitting right there. she looked at her dad, who playfully rolled her eyes.

"yes, sometimes," jaehyun said.

"jaehyun's the cook in our relationship," haeun told them.

"oh, really?" haeun's dad chimed in and jaehyun nodded, "when i can."

haeun's mum couldn't stop smiling, "that's nice. we'll have to try some of your food, some day."

"of course, any time!" jaehyun said. he was perfect with haeun's parents; perfect with everyone.

haeun watched in admiration, until the smell of the meat made her nostrils flare up, "mum, is this chicken?"

"yes, the store ran out of the bacon version," she said.

"i'm not feeling very well, i'm going to pass," haeun made an excuse.

"what? are you ill?" her mum pressed the back of her hand to haeun's forehead.

"yeah, i think i've just got an upset stomach. i'll just have some toast," haeun said.

"okay," her mum left the problem.

after breakfast, jaehyun and kiheun left to play basketball for a few hours.

"so, how long?" haesoo asked.

"what?" haeun questioned.

"how long have you been pregnant?" she asked haeun, who made a shocked expression.

"mum! i'm not pregnant!" haeun said.

haesoo rolled her eyes, "i know pregnancy when i see it. these are easy symptoms. are you late?"

"yes, but only by a few days," haeun said.

"and you've been getting pains, sick and avoiding some food because they trigger your morning sickness?" haesoo said.

haeun leaned on the desk, "i can't be pregnant. we were...safe."

"sometimes, these things happen. have you taken a test?"

haeun shook her head.

"let's go the hospital. it won't take long, and your father and jaehyun won't be back till lunch."

on the way to the hospital, haeun's mother tried comforting her in the best way possible.

the doctor asked for a blood sample and a urine test, "we'll get back to you in a few days."

"is that the fastest?" haeun asked.

"i'm sorry, but, yes. we have your phone number and we'll contact a doctor at your usual hospital. i understand your... difficulties but having a baby is a wonderful thing," the doctor smile.