Chapter 28

haeun slept soundly, having a good dream when she felt wet prints on the side of her neck, trailing up to her cheek.

once she felt them, the dream faded away. oh, how she tried to get the dream back, but jung jaehyun had ruined everything.

"jaehyun, it's too early for this," she groaned, annoyed.

"it's noon," jaehyun told her.

haeun rolled over and looked at him, smiling sleepily, "really? it's late, why didn't you wake me sooner?"

"because we had a long night, last night," jaehyun smirked and haeun breathed deeply and nodded.

"yes, we did. actually, you should have let me sleep for longer, I was having a good dream," haeun sat up and fixed her hair.

"about me?" jaehyun smiled, placing kisses on haeun's bare back.

"haha, no," haeun chuckled and jumped up and ran to the bathroom, leaving jaehyun speechless.

----

"what do you want to do today?" jaehyun asked haeun.

"I don't know..." haeun replied.

"hey, your birthday is in a week! what do you want?" jaehyun asked.

haeun shrugged, "nothing, really."

"what? how can you not want something? there must be something?" jaehyun said, frowning.

haeun shook her head, thinking, "not really. I don't really do much for my birthday, though. doyoung and I normally just go to an arcade, out to eat and stuff."

"doesn't doyoung get you presents?" he asked.

"yeah, but he doesn't ask me about it. he just get's what he thinks I like when he goes out. last year, he bought me a sweater and won me a lot of presents at the arcade," haeun smiled.

"do you think we're too childish, sometimes?" jaehyun asked haeun.

"what do you mean?"

"like...we met at a party, you and doyoung like going out and playing games. do you think it's childish?" jaehyun said.

"no. the party we met at wasn't exactly a high-school party, was it? there were like twenty people there and barely any alcohol. I don't even know what the party point was? and we're only 23, jaehyun," haeun told him.

he nodded, "the party was the last party yuta, johnny, taeil and I were going to. it was like a goodbye party, to our old selves. it scares me thinking back to who I used to be."

haeun rubbed his shoulders and kissed his cheeks, "don't think on it too much. you're a good man."

later that day, when haeun went out with saemi, jaehyun called doyoung to come over.

"why did you call? is something wrong?" doyoung asked, sitting on the couch and opening a beer.

"no, nothing's wrong. just, haeun's birthday's coming up and I don't know what to get her. can you help?" jaehyun asked him.

doyoung stuck out his bottom lip, while thinking, "you know, haeun's pretty easy to shop for. she'll like anything you give her, as long as you thought of her while buying it."

jaehyun sat back and thought about it when doyoung snapped his head up instantly, "there is something she wants, though."

"what?" jaehyun asked, eagerly.

"she wants to go and see her parents!" doyoung said.

jaehyun huffed, "that's not a present."

"yes, it is! she hasn't had time because of work but she's been missing them, a lot lately. and you should meet them, soon, too. if it bothers you that much, get her a present on top, too," doyoung suggested. "but, haeun isn't really keen on surprise parties."

"why not?" 

"she doesn't like the idea of being surprised with so many people and a party all about her. it's really complicated; something about her over thinking everything and worrying about stuff, tons. she said she wouldn't be able to relax," doyoung shrugged.

"note taken. thanks, man," jaehyun said and started planning what he'd do.

when doyoung had left, jaehyun had called seoyeon to ask her if she had any ideas.

"hello?" yuta's voice came through the phone.

"yuta? why are you picking up?" jaehyun asked.

"why are you calling my girlfriend?" yuta retorted.

"to ask her something! can you give her the phone, please?" jaehyun rolled his eyes.

"okay, one second," yuta simply said, causing jaehyun to wonder why yuta put him through the trouble in the first place.

"hello, jaehyun," seoyeon said.

"hey," jaehyun said.

"what's up?"

"um, haeun's birthday's coming up and I wanted to get her something. do you have any ideas?" jaehyun asked.

"sorry, not really," seoyeon told him.

jaehyun sighed, again, "okay, thanks anyw-"

"wait! actually, I do! when we went shopping, together, mijun took a picture of this bracelet haeun had been fawning over. apparently, haeun wanted to get it but made an excuse not to. you should call her," seoyeon said, making jaehyun's face light up.

"thanks!" jaehyun said and hung up.

after getting the picture and store details from mijun, jaehyun planned when he'd do everything. he also planned a bit with mijun. 

he had called the store and bought the bracelet, already, and would pick it up the day before haeun's birthday, when mijun would take haeun out with the girls.

jaehyun finally relaxed, and started getting some work done before haeun came back.

--------

weird chapter, I have an idea but I don't want to rush into it, and i'm struggling to find ideas in between lol.

I hope you liked this chapter, though!

how are you all?

do you guys read any books? like, not on wattpad lmao.

if, so, please recommend!

have a good day :)