Chapter 34

jaehyun sat on the couch, waiting for haeun to get out of the bedroom.
he cooked some food for the both of them to eat, to get his mind off the questions in his head.
"hey! what's that smell? it smells goooodd!" haeun skipped into the kitchen.
she wrapped her arms around jaehyuns shoulders and gave him a kiss before sitting beside him.
"i made some food," jaehyun said, his voice was  low.
"don't you have any work, today?" haeun asked.
"i took the afternoon off to spend time with my baby," jaehyun said.
"you're so sweet!" she kissed him, softly and swiftly.

after they are, while haeun was cleaning the dishes, jaehyun decided just to ask haeun.
"haeun?" jaehyun called her. he was standing behind the kitchen island, looking at haeun.
she hummed and looked up at him.
"when you were in the shower, you got a text message from the hospital about an appointment tomorrow. why are you going to the hospital?" jaehyun asked.
haeun's eyes widened and she turned around, "what?"
"why are you going to the hospital? is something wrong? because, if somethings wrong, you should tell me!" jaehyun said.

haeun walked over to him and took a deep breath, "i'm pregnant."
the color from jaehyun's face washed away and his mouth dropped, "you're pr-pregnant?"
haeun nodded.
"how long have you known?" jaehyun questioned, his voice low and quiet.
"i had been suspecting it since we visited my parents'-" haeun said.
"i asked how long you've known!" jaehyun raised his voice, slightly.
"since our last day on holiday last week," haeun replied, her voice shaky.
jaehyun scoffed and turned around. he walked to the door and grabbed his coat.

haeun ran to stop him, "jaehyun, where are you going? we need to talk about this!"
jaehyun shook off her arm, "we were supposed to talk about this when you suspected! why didn't you tell me, sooner? you kept this to yourself!"
jaehyun let out a slow breath, "i'll be back, soon. just give me some time. please."
haeun nodded, understanding and jaehyun left the house.
as soon as he left, she broke down into sobs.

haeun waited until the clock turned one o'clock and jaehyun wasn't home yet.
it wasn't till half two in the morning when he came home, with three large bags.
"haeun?" jaehyun called.
she ran into the room with dried tears on her cheeks.
"hey," jaehyun said and cupped her face in his hands.
she began to cry and jaehyun held her close to his chest, "don't cry. it's okay, honey. we'll figure it out, together."
"i'm sorry i didn't tell you. first, i didn't want you to stress about it before holiday when i didn't even know if i was pregnant or not and i didn't want to ruin your holiday by making you stressed when you've really needed a holiday since works been really bad. and, then i couldn't find the right time to tell you when you were tired and stressed from work," haeun cried into his chest.
"hey, how many times do i need to tell you that you can come to me about anything at any time? especially, with this! i deserved to know, sooner, haeun," jaehyun told her, tears falling from his cheeks, too.
"i know! i'm so sorry," she said.
"shhh, stop crying," jaehyun said.
"are you disappointed?" haeun sniffled.
"disappointed?" jaehyun pulled away from her. "baby, i'm a bit upset that you didn't tell me but we're having a baby! do you know how great this is?" jaehyun chuckled.
"really?"
"of course! i've always wanted kids with you! we can get married and have more!" jaehyun kissed her cheeks.
"look, i bought you ice-cream and food. i realized that you're not liking meat, so i raided the vegetarian section and looked up recipes for things pregnant women crave and like to eat, so i got some off that, too. and, i got a teddy bear for you to cuddle when your lonely, a blanket and some other stuff for your pregnancy," jaehyun said.

haeun cried more, out of joy, "you're so sweet!"
she pulled him for a tight hug.

that night, jaehyun held haeun tight to his chest while they slept and he made sure to have a secure hold around haeun's stomach, too.

the next morning, when haeun woke up earlier to throw up in the bathroom, jaehyun had been there to hold her hair back, clean her and the bathroom up and give her water.
she smiled, in appreciation and helped him make breakfast.

"what time is your appointment, again?" jaehyun asked her while they ate.
"at 3. i know you have work, so, it's okay if you don't come," haeun said, but was actually quite sad.
"don't be silly, it's your first appointment," jaehyun said and pulled his phone out.
haeun was about to argue back but jaehyun started speaking to someone on the phone, "bora? i won't be in the office, today. somethings come up with my wife. if my father comes in, tell him i'm busy and have my schedule sent to me so i can make some changes. thanks," jaehyun hung up and looked at haeun with a wide smile.

"miss park? we're ready to see you, now," the doctor said. "your partner has joined you? how are you both feeling about the news?"
"a bit surprised and scared, but happy overall," jaehyun said.
"and you, haeun?" The doctor asked.
"same, really."
"right, well, today we just need to check your blood monitor, weight and height, medical history and we'll need a urine and blood test. after this, you'll feel quite dehydrated and weak, so the best we can do is tell you to relax and make sure to drink water and have lots of fluids. we can't give you any prescriptions because the drugs might affect the baby," she said.
"okay," haeun nodded.
"we'll start with weight and height," the doctor smiled.

jaehyun drove haeun home and made some food for the both of them to eat. he took care of her until she fell asleep and he decided to get some work done and out of the way.

————
omg, HE KNOWS!!😱
What did you guys think of this chapter?

Would you rather suck on someone's clean toes or lick a wall?
Give me would you rathers. I like the challenge😏
Bye and enjoy your day!